But I am kind of sad to leave Rexburg. Don't get me wrong I HATE Rexburg winters. But I have been in Rexburg since 2003. Yes that is right since 2003. And so leaving Rexburg feels like I am leaving my home.
I was so excited to graduate from high school, be on my own, start college, make new friends, be on my own, start dating college boys, get my degree in elementary education, and did I mention be on my own? I was especially excited to go to school at BYU-Idaho. This was the ONLY college I applied to and I was relieved when I found out I had gotten in.
Everything I had dreamed college would be turned out to be even better.
I had a blast during my single years
I made some great friends.
Had lots of fun.
Maybe even got into a little bit of trouble.
Dated a few college guys.
But I think most important was I strengthened my testimony.
And I learned to REALLY appreciate my family.
So after attending BYU-Idaho for 3 years I decided that I wanted to take a little time off. 18 months to be exact. I decided to serve a mission for my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I was called to serve in Brazil of all places.
What a wonderful experience it was to serve the wonderful people of Brazil. I will be forever grateful for all that I learned there. But most importantly I met someone there who would change my life.
I didn't know it then, but I am so grateful that Ben served in my mission and that his parents moved to Utah during his mission.
After serving in Brazil for 18 months I went home and then right back to BYU-Idaho for a semester. A few months later Ben came home and we started hanging out, dating, got engaged and before I knew it I had become Mrs. Call.
What a wonderful decision it was to marry Benjamin Todd Call. He is wonderful and I wouldn't trade him for anything.
Ben and I have been at BYU-Idaho together since 2008.
I graduated with my bachelors in elementary education in 2009.
We have lived in 3 different states and 7 different apartments together.
I became a mother to two wonderful children.
I learned how hard it is to be a mom.
But I also learned how rewarding it is to be a mom.
With all of our moving
once again I learned how important family really is.
Even though we don't get to be close to the Hudsons and the Calls
I am grateful that I have Ben, Reese, and Benson with me.
Family really is the most important thing.
I am grateful for all that Rexburg has taught me.
I am grateful for the MANY memories.
I am excited to move on and start a new chapter in our lives.
But I think I will always hold a very dear place in my heart for good old Rexburg








8 comments:
Have fun in Texas! I hope you guys have as much fun in grad school as you did in Rexburg. And I love your wedding pictures--especially the second one. You guys are so cute!
Wow! I knew you guys were moving to TX for Ben's graduate program but it seems like you just barely found out. Good thing you are flexible! Good luck with the move. I'm assuming you are driving with the kiddos. If that is the case, really, good luck! :)
I agree with Mal - I love your wedding photos! And have I ever told you that I think it's so fun that you and Ben met on your missions? Such a fun story. Isn't it interesting how you grow attached to a place? Rexburg is good. I hope Dallas is just as good to you!
We will miss you guys! The end of the semester came so fast! Hope Texas is awesome and you guys find lots of fun friends down there :)
Love the granny picture! Hilarious! and I didn't even know you went on a mission let alone met Ben there! Couldn't be a cuter story :) We will miss you guys being across the street :( Good thing we have blogs to stalk each other!!
It was fun to reminisce. I wish you the best of luck in Dallas!
aww I felt this same way when we were leaving Rexburg! But it doesn't take that long to forget about how cold and expensive the groceries are..hahaha!! :) Good luck with the move. Can't wait to hear about Texas!
OH MAN--TEXAS! I am going to have to let Jessica know. She goes there often. You guys rock and I wish I could spend sometime with you and your cute family. We will cross our fingers that your paths lead you back to Utah!!! Good luck!
Post a Comment