1. Ben can be VERY creative
2. He loves to cook
With that being said let me tell you about my very creative husband.
This semester Ben has had an internship at a prosthetic and orthotics office in Idaho Falls twice a week. He was very lucky to even get it. Originally the guy at the office told him no but Ben being the likeable guy that he is eventually convinced this guy that it was a good idea for him to let Ben do an internship at his office.
So Sunday night as we were driving home from Rigby, Ben was telling me that Tuesday was going to be the last day at his internship and that he wanted to take something for everyone at the office. I said we could make chocolate chip cookies or cinnamon rolls but Ben had an even better idea. He said that chocolate chip cookies were a great idea but he wanted to make them in the shape of a gingerbread man and then cut off their legs or arms. {A little weird I know but it makes sense if you know that Ben was working in a prosthetic office}.
So Monday night Reese and I made up the dough while Ben was in class. Reese LOVES to help make anything, it is her favorite thing to do. It could be eight in the morning and she tells me, "Mom, lets make dinners!".
On a side note I am going to miss having so many great neighbors that I can call up and ask for anything. We didn't have a gingerbread man cookie cutter and so I called a bunch of the girls in my ward and they were all so helpful. After calling a lot of people we finally found one. Not only did she give me the cookie cutter but she also gave us an extra rolling pin for Reese. Reese was in heaven and was very disappointed when she had to give back the rolling pin.
Anyways, Reese and Ben made the chocolate chip gingerbread men together. Reese mostly picked the chocolate chips out of the cookie dough.
After a couple of trial and errors Ben made the perfect chocolate chip gingerbread men. He then decided to make each little man a prosthetic arm or leg out of matches.
Yup that's my husband!
I do have to say that he is pretty darn creative!




1 comment:
That is creative! I'm sure it was a fun family activity, too.
Post a Comment