Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Blogging

I LOVE to blog.  Why?  Well, it gives me a way to document our lives and keep track of fun things we do as a family.

Some people are great scrapbookers.  Not me.  You should see the scrapbook that I put together of my younger years.  Yeah I don't have the cutesie handwriting or the patience to glue everything onto a page.  Plus compared to my sisters...my scrapbook just didn't compare.

Some people keep a journal.  I use to be really good at this.  But then I got older and life got busy and my journal keeping went down the drain.

It was then that I discovered blogging.  It was a combination of scrapbooking and journal writing, but much easier and less time consuming.

I love keep track of my families life.  All the time that I put into blogging makes it worth it when I get these in the mail at the beginning of each year.
 I LOVE my blog books.  I love looking through them and reflecting back on all the fun things that we do together as a family.  I love that I can hold my blog in my hands.   
I got last years book in the mail last week. 
I always get excited when they come.

"You will have significant experiences. I hope you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experiences."
-Gordon B. Hinckley 

6 comments:

Heidi and Nathan said...

I have been wanting to do this! What website did you use to make your books and did you like it?

Mal said...

We print ours out too and we love it! We mark a year of our blog on August 1st, since that's our anniversary and we started the family blog only a week before. (I had a personal blog when I was single, but since stopped it.) I agree, it's so great to have them to look through and, more than just a scrapbook or photo album, it has the story of the picture with it.

Ben and Kristen Call said...

Heidi the website I use is blog2print.com. I like the website it is really easy to use. The only thing I don't love is that it is a little slow. But other than that I like it.

The Gulls said...

Whatever ...your scrapbook weren't bad :) bring those books when you come down. I want to see them. Can't wait to see you guys

A.J. and Ashley said...

Just got my first book a few days ago and love it! I use Blurb though. I'll have to look at the one you use. So fun and worth it!

Kelda said...

this is exactly why I blog, though I'm so behind. But I'm terrible at journaling of any kind so this is as close as I get to that. I always go back and look at things on the blog. So glad you still blog, lots of people have stopped!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...