Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas with the Calls

When we don't have Christmas with Ben's family we always have an early Christmas with them.  This year we celebrated Christmas with them on the 17th and 18th of December.  Which meant as soon as Ben was done with his finals we needed to head to Utah.

Our pretend Christmas Eve started off with a new tradition of rollerskating at Classic Skating.  

I have not been rollerskating for years and was a little nervous about rollerskating while pregnant.   

It was a lot of fun but my hips could only handle about five minutes of rollerskating.  
I was so excited for Reese to try rollerskating but she wasn't a fan. 

She preferred her stroller and it was a good stabilizer for me. 
After rollerskating we headed home to make our traditional Christmas Eve dinner which consisted of Salmon, Steak, twice-baked potatoes, stuffed mushrooms, and salad.  It was yummy as usual and I was stuffed.
After dinner we let all the kids open their presents.  

Reese was spoiled and got tons of Elmo toys 
I think it is safe to say that Elmo was her favorite. 
Reese acted like a pro when it came to opening presents.  She would get so excited to rip off the paper and then when she saw what was inside she wanted to open it up and play with it.  When I told her not right now she would run over to Grandma and say Grandma want to open more.  She had so much fun opening presents.

After the kids were done opening presents we put them all to bed and enjoyed a quiet evening opening our own presents.  We were definitely spoiled by Brad and Jan.  I was especially grateful for some new maternity clothes.  I know I only have a few weeks left but lets be honest new clothes are always welcome.

We spent the rest of the week at Brad and Jan's house. Unfortunately Reese caught a cold and was {thankfully} only sick for one day.  We played lots of games, ate lots of good food, and enjoyed lots of yummy treats.

On our last day at Brad and Jan's we went bowling.  Reese had a BLAST!
Trey, Reese, and Grandma bowled together.
Reese had so much fun cheering for everyone.  It was too funny to watch.
After bowling we headed to Spanish Fork to celebrate Christmas with my family.

2 comments:

Sausha said...

Just for the record, I love your girlie's piggy tails!

Tina Braegger said...

woah roller skating while pregnant!?? Now that is some serious talent! :) I could barely walk..lol! So glad you guys had fun and a nice Christmas. You are looking so good and little Reese is always so stinkin' adorable! I love her will all the blankets. Too funny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...