Christmas Eve we always have at my Grandparents house. We usually have hamburgers and homemade fries but because of health reasons we just had pizza this year. After dinner we watched a Christmas movie about Christ. After the movie came everybody's favorite BINGO!!!
My grandpa is the master of BINGO
He spends months before planning for this event
shopping for gifts
and wrapping gifts so you can't tell what they are
Everyone always looks forward to BINGO and sometimes it can get a little competitive.
I thought Ben and I were going to be unlucky this year but once Grandpa had us switch up cards we started winning like crazy.And everyone is always a winner in BINGO. The prizes are always so different and you can NEVER guess what Grandpa has wrapped up.
Ben was especially happy with his purple 3.5 lb dumbbells and purple pajamas
Thankfully you can always trade presents around
Then we headed home to my mom and dad's house and Reese opened her pajamas.
When she realized what was inside she said,
"it's Elmo jamies, they're cute!"
I was so excited that she loved them. Then we put Reese to bed and Santa came.
All of my siblings were home this year so there were a TON of presents under and around the tree.
We woke up early and had a yummy breakfast.
After breakfast we got ready for chuch
I was so grateful that Christmas was on Sunday this year
The Sacrament meeting so good
It helped me to remember and think about Christ and why we really celebrate Christmas
After church we headed home and opened presents
By now Reese was a pro at opening presents
![]() |
| I promise Reese knows how to smile, but when we tell her to say cheese she pulls faces like this |
Reese got a puppy for Christmas this year
It barks and growls and THANKFULLY doesn't pee or poop
This is my kind of puppy
Reese was spoiled rotten and had so much fun opening her presents
She was so funny
If she was it was clothes she was done with the present
She wanted the good stuff
She wanted the toys
This had to be one of my very favorite Christmases
Being a parent and watching your child get excited over things makes Christmas so much more fun!
My favorite gift this year was a necklace that Ben gave to me
I have been wanting a necklace like this forever
And he finally delivered, it was the perfect gift!
We spent the rest of the Holidays with my family
We went and saw the lights at Temple Square
Went out to eat at Tepinyaki
Reese got the flu for the first time ever
We put another WASGIJ puzzle together
We celebrated my dad and brother's birthdays
We celebrated new years
I got the flu...
Can I just say that it is HORRIBLE to be sick while you are pregnant
And we ate TONS of yummy food
While we were at Grandma and Grandpa's house
Reese discovered the joy in cooking
She received an apron for Christmas
Every time Grandma started cooking Reese wanted her apron on and wanted to help
I LOVE Christmas time and the time we have to spend with our families
I am so grateful that we live so close and are able to visit so often
I am thankful for our Savior Jesus Christ
I am thankful for his example of how I should live my life
I am thankful for the time of year to celebrate his birth and his life
















5 comments:
Fun! It's so awesome when they finally are old enough to know what's going on. Madie has been singing "Frosty the Snowman" for a month--it's so cute!
And I love the Red Sox cap! Good present!
What fun Christmas celebrations! I love having multiple celebrations and seeing all the family. I think your traditions sound like so much fun! Rollerskating, hamburgers, and bingo definitely sounds like a great way to celebrate. :) I love all the photos of Reese. I can't believe how big she's getting and I think it's adorable that she loves Elmo so much!
I love Reese's picture face! She is so cute! And if I'm not mistaken baby #2 is not far off. So exciting for you guys.
I totally love that necklace!!! Where did he get it for you, if you don't mind me asking? Reese is getting so big! I'm excited for little boy to get here too! I can't wait to see pictures!
I'm so sorry you guys got the flu!! All of us but Kyle got it too and Brad and Malia had it in Arizona. We must have had the bug somehow and it took a week to show up. Hope you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment