Naps were terrible too. Reese wouldn't go to sleep unless we sat with her or rocked her to sleep. We kind of felt like we were dealing with a baby again. It was a VERY long week with VERY little sleep in our home.
Well last night, before putting Reese to bed, Ben and I were talking and decided that the bed just wasn't working out. Reese wasn't understanding that she needed to stay in bed and EVERYONE in our family was exhausted from the lack of sleep {including Reese}. So we decided to put the crib back up and look into buying a crib tent. But before we spent the money we wanted to make sure that it would actually work. So Ben, being the ingenious husband that he is, tied a sheet over the top of the crib so she couldn't get out. It worked PERFECTLY! Reese could not climb out!!!
I promise when lack of sleep is an issue you will do ANYTHING to make your child sleep, even if that means trapping her inside of her crib.
Unfortunately Reese has reverted back to old sleeping habits. She now cries when we put her to bed and she woke up again at 5 this morning. We let her cry it out {our poor neighbors}. But after crying for a while she went back to sleep and slept until after eight, which meant Ben and I got to sleep in as well. It was WONDERFUL! So I don't feel quite as bad about trapping Reese in her crib because Reese is happier today because of a good nights rest and so are her mom and dad.


3 comments:
Switching to a bed is something that I don't really look forward to. Thankfully Livie hasn't figured out how to climb out of her crib and I'm hoping it takes her awhile to figure that one out. Good luck getting back into some good habits! Sleeping issues are so hard to deal with.
Madie never figured it out--we switched her bed a little after she was two just because we thought she'd like it. She likes to sleep in her corner though, so sometimes she doesn't get into bed at all. I don't really care as long as she falls asleep. The sheet is brilliant though! I will keep that in mind for any future monkeys.
lol what a nightmare. Genius idea about the crib tent. I will definitely do that if Izzy climbs out early. I'm dreading the bed transition, seems like no matter their age it's a hard issue. So glad you're all sleeping again!
Post a Comment