Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Carving Pumpkins

Last night was our annual pumpkin carving night.  
It included yummy soup, good company and pumpkins 
{of course}
It was Reese's first experience carving a pumpkin.  
Last year we just put her to bed and she wasn't able to run her hands through the gushy pumpkin guts.  
As you can tell by the pictures she was quite excited to put her hands inside her pumpkin.  We got a good laugh out of watching her put her hand inside and be quite disgusted with the pumpkin guts.  But she did eventually warm up to the pumpkin guts and played with them once they were in a bowl.
She even went as far to put them in her mouth because her Uncle told her it would be really good.  Got to love those uncles!!

We had Reese's favorite people come over and carve pumpkins...
Chelle & Steve.
They were quite creative with their pumpkin this year.  
They had one pumpkin between the two of them and they each carved one side of the pumpkin.  
Reese did an awesome job carving her pumpkin.  She carved a little kitty and then I put some whiskers on it.  She did NOT like the whiskers on her pumpkin and kept hitting it, but it turned out cute.
Ben got really creative with his pumpkin this year and carved his favorite team into the pumpkin.
I love carving pumpkins.  
I am not a very good pumpkin carver but I love the memories that it brings back.  
Halloween parties, trick-or-treating, dressing up, and spending time with family
Happy carving

1 comment:

McKay & Carlee Francis said...

Great pumpkinS! Wow you guys are good. I bet Reese loved it:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...