Thursday, July 21, 2011

Life as a Mother

Since I was a little girl I always wanted to be a mom.  I wanted to be a lot of other things but I always wanted to be a mom.  When Reese was born my world changed.  My love grew and expanded in so many ways I didn't know were possible.  Being a mom is wonderful but it can also be hard.  Hard because sometimes you lose yourself.  Hard because sometimes you don't have time to yourself.  Hard because everything you do is focused on that little one.  Hard because sometimes you don't know what to do to change a behavior.  Hard because sometimes your child won't listen to you.  Hard because sometimes is seems that everything you do is not working.  Being a mother can be frustrating at times.

BUT she makes it all worth it when she comes and gives me one of her big hugs and kisses or comes and cuddles with me.  I forget about my selfishness and become recommitted to being the best mom that I can be.  I would hate to find out what my life would be like without Reese.  I love the slobbery kisses.  I love the funny things she says.  I love hearing her laugh.  I love when she wants to hold my hand.  I love when she comes up behind me and kisses my legs.  I love her little voice.  I love how sweet she is.  I love my role as a mother.  It is hard at times but all the sweet moments make all of those hard things worth it.   

I feel like our blog should be called "All about Reese", because it is mainly about Reese but that is what my world revolves around.  So if you don't want to read another post about Reese you can quit reading because this is mainly about Reese.

The other night as I was making dinner the house was silent.  If you are a mom then you know that is not a good sign.  I went in search for Reese and found her in my bedroom.  She had somehow gotten a hold of my purse and emptied everything out of it.  No big deal, she does that whenever she gets a hold of it, but this time found a VERY special treasure...an Andes mint.  She had eaten most of the mint, wrapper and all!  Usually I think I would have said, "REESE, why can't you leave my purse alone?"  But nothing compares to how upset I was when she threw one of our friends cell phone into the swimming pool last week {this was not one of my favorite mom moments}.  So after finding the Andes mint all over the place all I could do was chuckle and think to myself nothing is as bad as the cell phone incident!

Reese's personality is so funny to me.  She is really into wearing my clothes, jewelry, and shoes.

I found her this morning going through my dresser drawers holding my shirts up to her.  When she had decided that she didn't like that shirt she would throw it on the floor and pull the next shirt out.
 It made me laugh a little bit.  She also loves to wear my shoes.  You can usually find my shoes from one end of the house to other.  She has become our little fashionista! 

She loves to pretend that she is drinking out of a cup.  
We give her a sippy cup and if she can get a hold of one our our cups she will put her sippy cup right inside the cup and drink from her sippy.  It makes us laugh because she will drink it like that until all of her milk/water is gone.  I think it makes her feel all grown up!

Our little girl is growing up so fast.  Next month she will turn 18 months!!!  I can hardly believe that.
I know I need to appreciate each moment I have with her because before I know it she will be grown up.  So here is to motherhood and all of its ups and downs.  I am grateful that the Lord trust me enough to be a mother.  I love my little Reese and wouldn't change her for anything...even if she does throw cell phones into the swimming pool!

8 comments:

Heidi and Nathan said...

I love it! Being a mom is so great and it's so fun to see other mom's and how they do things and even their struggles and triumphs.

absterradster said...

Beautifully said! Thanks for sharing how you feel! It makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one! Reese is amazing!

Jessica :) said...

The clothing and jewelry is just too funny! And so funny seeing her photos walking around in your clothes! Love it! I agree that motherhood is hard. Probably the hardest thing ive ever done. But the most worthwhile, also. I think the challenges are what makes the rewards so sweet.

Ryan & Amanda said...

You are such a sweet mom Kristen and your daughter is adorable! Sometimes it is so hard to remember the good things when they are throwing major fits, but I agree that being a mom is the best thing ever!

McKay & Carlee Francis said...

I love being a mom too! Reese is so cute and I think she and Oaklee would have too much fun together:) I love all of her faces she makes. You two look so much alike in that first picture! Oaklee just started saying Elmo too and she loves him...I don't know what it is with kids and Elmo! Hope you guys are doing well:)

Mikki and Greg said...

This is so funny! I love how much she wants to be like you, copying everything. She seems to be quite a character! And we like reading about all of the adventures of Reese :)

A.J. and Ashley said...

I totally understand about trying to change behavior and when they won't listen to you. It can be so frustrating and you feel like you are failing. But we're not! There is no one right way to raise a child! We just got to keep trying and be grateful for those special moments that make everything worth it! Loved the post.

Luke and Mariah said...

Amen sister. And Reese is seriously the cutest thing ever! Yay for little daughters!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...