Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Let Freedom Ring

I LOVE the fourth of July.  I love celebrating the freedoms we enjoy and honoring those men and women who serve our country.

The fourth of July has always been one of my favorite holiday's to celebrate.  Since getting married, our fourth of July celebrations have not been the greatest.  Our first fourth of July as a married couple consisted of Ben working until late, then going out to eat with Ben's work to Cracker Barrel (yuck), and me going home and puking afterwards!  It was great fun!

This year I was determined to have a GREAT fourth of July!  My sister and her husband Stephen came up from Dallas for the weekend.  It was so great to have them here and Reese LOVED having her BFF Michelle here.
I don't think Michelle got a break from Reese all weekend long.  Reese had to be holding Michelle's hand or sitting in her lap at all times...thankfully Michelle is VERY patient with Reese.

The platinum wives had planned to make 4th of July t-shirts for our families.  I was so excited about this!  It turned out to be a blast.  I have very little creative juices inside of me but I was really happy with how great our shirts looked.  Especially coming from me who has little or no creative juices inside of her.
 It kind of made me nervous to just slap some paint onto the shirt because if I messed up that was the end of a good looking shirt.
 Thankfully they all turned out.  I talked Michelle into coming with me and she decorated a shirt for her and Stephen.  She is the one with LOTS of creative juices so their shirts turned our super cute!
The actual day of the fourth was fun.  Ben left for work at nine and was back by 11:30!!!  I was so excited when he walked in the door.  He got a sale the first door he knocked so he was done for the day and could come home.  We went out to lunch to Olive Garden!  I LOVE that place!  It was so great and we all wore our 4th of July t-shirts and even got a couple of compliments and how great we looked!!!

Later that afternoon Platinum had a BBQ.   They had some wonderfully delicious food with some fun games. After the BBQ Michelle and Stephen left and we are always sad to see them go {thanks for coming to visit guys}.  Ben, Reese, and I went to the Oklahoma City Red hawks baseball game with Platinum.
I was super nervous about going to a baseball game with Reese and I didn't think we would make it through an hour.

Boy did she prove me wrong.  Reese was WONDERFUL the whole 3 hours!!!
 She had so much fun sitting in her own chair with her snacks and water.  
 We were lucky to not have anyone sitting on the side of us so Reese could get down and play and run around and make messes and no one was getting annoyed that she was in the way. 
The only bad thing about the game was it was SUPER hot and Reese sweats like a MAN!!!  She was soaked by the end of the night.  Her hair was just drenched {it was kind of gross, but she is still cute, even with sweaty hair}.

She seriously was an angel and had so much fun cheesing it up for the camera.  After the game there were  fireworks and they were BEAUTIFUL!  Reese sat on my lap and held my hand the whole time and just enjoyed the show.
 But by the time we got home she was out.  What a fun fourth of July we had and I am so glad that we got to spend so much time with Ben and family.
Happy Independence day! 

8 comments:

Mal said...

Great pictures! (We have that same carseat!) The shirts look great! What are the platinum wives?

Ryan & Amanda said...

Um I love your shirts, and I totally hear you about the lame-ness of holidays in some random city. I was telling my mom about that yesterday as we did fireworks, I did not love the 4th those years at all! But it sounds like you had a fun day and congrats to Ben on the early sale!!!

Crystal and Kyle said...

What a fun day! I'm so glad you got to spend it with Ben and your Sister. Reese is adorable. Great job on the shirts!

Tina said...

You guys look great! I love the fourth of July holiday! It's the best! I'm glad you had such a great day!

Stephen Sitton said...

See, I told you reese is patient enough that she could sit through a movie. You'll never know until you try ;)

Heidi and Nathan said...

I can't believe how big she is! It sounds like you guys had a great 4th!

Jan Call said...

You're shirts are darling! I'm glad you like them too cuz fourth of July shirts last along time at our house. I stiill wear one from 2003 to bed and the other day brad was painting in one from 2000!

Mikki and Greg said...

Sweet Shirts! Sounds like you guys had such an awesome day! Way to go Ben on getting that sale in early. Summer sales makes for some interesting holidays for sure and I have to say, that summer in St Louis was pretty lame for the 4th of july.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...