Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Finger Paints

One of the worst things about summer sales is that we don't get to bring a whole lot of our stuff with us when we come out for the summer.  We only get to bring what we can fit in our little Honda Accord.  So by the time we pack the "essential" kitchenware, clothes, and bedding there isn't a whole lot of room for our entertainment things.  We bring the most important entertainment things...the lap top and some of Reese's toys so after that it is up to me and Reese to create our own entertainment.  Sometimes that gets hard.

A few weeks ago I got the idea for finger paints.  We didn't have any on hand so I thought for sure there was a recipe out there somewhere on the internet to make your own finger paints.  To tell you the truth the finger paints weren't that great, they were kind of pathetic.  But Reese had a good time and it was a different form of entertainment for a little while.
She painted a beautiful picture of grass and trees.  After she was done I would have loved to have taken her outside and hosed her down, but we live in an apartment complex with no hoses.  So I scrubbed her and her booster seat down and set them both out to dry on the deck.
Thank goodness for cheap entertainment!

2 comments:

Jessica :) said...

Way to go, momma! I'm not sure I would even think to look for finger paint ideas, let alone actually let my baby use them. You ARE amazing! And it looks like Reese *loved* it!

Tina Braegger said...

You are such a good mom. This looks like a disaster waiting to happen for me. haha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...