If you know me you know that I LOVE LOVE LOVE my desserts (especially ice cream). I have always said that ice cream would be my downfall and I didn't care because I loved it too much. When I have a bad day I like to indulge in a BIG bowl of ice cream.
I remember one time in high school {i played on the high school volleyball team} after a really hard loss, I walked in my front door and my mom saw my face and she said, "I'll go and get the ice cream".
While I was student teaching one day everything went wrong. I came home and Ben wasn't there so I got out the ice cream and ate. When Ben walked in and saw me eating ice cream before dinner he said, "oh, no...what's wrong Kristen".
I LOVE ice cream. I could eat a bowl every night after dinner. Ben and I especially love our cookies and cream.
So why the sudden concern for my/our health?
Number two...
since having Reese I have lost about 60lbs. {I am quite excited about that}.
After serving a mission I gained some weight and I could never get it off. After getting married I gained more weight and was too busy to exercise. Then I got pregnant with Reese and of course gained more weight then.
After Reese was born I started exercising but not a ton. Then my sister Michelle and I decided to start working out together and I have LOVED it. That is hard for me to say because I really don't enjoy exercising, but I have gotten to the point where I actually enjoy it. So my second reason for the no sugar rule and exercising is because I like how I look and feel.
The third and final reason....
I have a family now that I need to take care of. I need to be a good example to my children and teach them how to eat. I need to teach them that you don't need to have a bowl of ice cream every single night of the week or that they don't need desserts ALL of the time. Once a week is plenty.
So wish us luck as we start this VERY hard goal!




6 comments:
Girl, I hear you. I am a sweet-lover myself. But Mike and I have set the same rule in our house and it has helped. We only have sweets on the weekends (unless a special occasion comes along, then we do it on that day and avoid it on the weekends). It is really hard. For both of us, but especially for me, since I'm home alone all day and sometimes I think, "Hey, I feel like cookies" and figure I'll get started on some to keep me busy while Madie naps. Hahahaha! Anyway, DON'T GIVE IN! I love sweets and don't mind indulging a little bit, but it's good to keep it down.
I have toyed with the idea of doing something similar except that we rarely have desserts or ice cream around. My weakness, however, is just basic sweets. Candy. Ridiculous, I know, but it's the truth. It can be really hard to give up sweets, but it is so worth it! Good luck!
this is funny! Trevor actually proposed at the beginning of the month that we don't eat any sweets at all. I was soooo not into it and we decided that we would just not have any at home at all but if we were at someones house and had dessert that would be okay. Its funny because we used to ALWAYS have a bowl of ice cream after dinner. I have felt so much better about myself since we started. YOU CAN DO IT! : )
Reese's one year pictures are adorable. We would love one of those for Trey's blocks :) WE need to give you some of our kids and family too. Good luck with the sweets thing. :) I can't relate as Ben knows I would rather eat a big plate of roasted vegetables than anything else :)
Good luck! I've been trying to do that, too, but with all the family we have around us it's hard because it seems like there is always a treat to be had. And congrats on all the weight loss! You look great!
That's awesome! You already know that I think you look GREAT! I can sympathize with you about sweets, I think we share a love for them, so I'm proud of you! We need to get together before you go to, Oooooooooooooklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the plains!
Post a Comment