Changes are in the air around the Call household
Numero Uno: Every summer we pack up our little apartment in Rexburg Idaho and move somewhere new for the summer for Ben's job. We have lived in St. Louis Missouri {loved it there} and Houston Texas. Both of which are very hot and very humid. Not my favorite combination.
This summer we are headed here...
Any ideas?
I will give you a clue...
this happened there in 1995
Have you guessed it yet?
Here's another one, it should give it away...
This musical took place in the state where we will be living
That's right...
you guessed it
Oklahoma City.
Now when I heard that we would be living in Oklahoma City for the summer I kind of laughed and though maybe it was a joke, because when I think of Oklahoma I think of tornadoes, a flat dry state with nothing in it, the Oklahoma city bombing, and the musical Oklahoma. I know NOTHING about Oklahoma. So I guess what I am trying to say is this will be a good experience for me. I get to live in a new state and find fun and exciting things to do there and learn what it so great about Oklahoma. So if anybody has any ideas of what is in Oklahoma and what is fun to do there, please do share.
Change Number Two:
The weather. I love that Rexburg is FINALLY warming up. I love that yesterday I heard birds chirping outside my window. I love that the snow is finally starting to melt and I can see patches of grass here and there. I love that Reese and I can walk outside for a little bit without freezing. All this warm weather is making excited for spring and summer.
Change number three
Reese is growing TOO fast! She just keeps growing and growing and growing. Sometimes I wish she would slow down and stay my little baby forever. My sister Michelle has this coat with fur on it and Reese LOVES it. Every time Michelle comes over Reese wants Michelle to put on her hood so she can play with the fur. So the other night we put the hood on Reese. She was in heaven!
She is our little snow bunny
Anyways, we are excited about the new changes in our lives. Although I have to be honest, I am NOT looking forward to packing. I HATE packing with every fiber of my being!! But I am excited for spring and summer and to experience Oklahoma for a few months. And although it is sad to see my baby grow so quickly, I am still excited to see her continue to learn and grow.
So here are to changes!




8 comments:
How exciting! I love living in different places. I get an itch to move after about 2 years in one place. Oklahoma would frighten me though, I'm TERRIFED of tornados. Lived in Iowa for 2 summers and was a reck when rain clouds showed up lol. It'll be fun to follow your blog through the experience ;) good luck with everything!
YAY! Oklahoma that is where i grew up. I grew up in the Tulsa area and not Oklahoma CIty so I am not sure what there is to do there... but the people are so nice and you are going to love it.
I love that song, ch ch ch changes! What a fun new adventure! I was hoping you would say Billings, Montana- so we could hang out with you guys.
Well, I don't know anything outside of the two things you mentioned about Oklahoma, so I will be of no help as far as interesting or fun things to do in OK or about OK. That is exciting though! By the way, I love Reese's two front teeth. They are so cute.
hahaha ok so funny story. We drove through Oklahoma city when we were first married on our way to Atlanta so Tyrell could do sales. It was the pitts!!! (Maybe I should not be telling you this). We made fun of it because the trees all looked like they were leaning (from the wind) out of the state bec it sucked so bad! haha at least you only have to be there a summer right?? AND it is fun to travel and experience new places.. I am sure you will have much better memories then we did :)
Reese is just stinkin adorable and getting so big!
Love the fur hat! I think it's adorable that Reese loves it so much! So fun!
Good luck with Oklahoma. I'm with you - I think of the musical, bombing and tornadoes. I hope you can find some fun things to do!
Sounds Like a fun fun adventure for you guys. Reese is so cute I just love reading about all the crazy things she does. Wish you guys the best of Luck this summer.
You are such a trooper to move so often!! It would be so hard for me. But it is cool that you get to see so many new places and cultures in the US. Mike and Daryn live in Oklahoma City. You guys should call them and see how close you will be. I'm sure Daryn would love to hang out and she is soo nice! They have 3 kids now.
Post a Comment