Birthday Birthday coming to Earth day
Pink and wrinkled and Small
Pink and wrinkled and Small
Birthday Birthday it was the first day I was anyone at all
I could cry and tinkle and sleep and poop and that's about all I could do
And barf!
But it's fun to imagine that day when I was brand new
Happy Birthday To you
Cha-Cha-CHA!!!
That is right yesterday our Benny boy turned the Big numero Two Four
He is OFFICIALLY the OLD FART in the family!
We had a fun day yesterday celebrating his Birthday
As I was getting dressed to go the gym yesterday morning I could see something moving outside our window
When I stepped outside this is what I saw
And this
If it was my birthday this would have made me pretty happy
My sister and her husband came over at 5 in the morning
and decorated the door for Ben
{they are too nice}
After Ben was done with classes we decided to go bowling
We have had almost a 2 year absence from the sport
So we thought it was high time to make our presence known at the bowling alley
Reese was in heaven
She was so curious and wanted to touch the balls
She just stood and stared at all the lanes and the balls rolling
And would occasionally dance to the music
I have to brag just for a minute...
Because this does NOT happen very often
I beat Ben in both games we played
I was ecstatic because I don't beat Ben in very many things
But TODAY was my day of VICTORY
Maybe I should have been a nice wife and let him win
Because it WAS his birthday.....
Oh well I don't feel bad!
Later that night after a wonderful dinner made by Ben's loving wife
my sister and her husband came over for presents and ice cream
I got an EXTRA special present for Ben this year
the movie Tangled
I LOVE that movie
Come to find out he had actually gotten me the movie too
Then we sang our little hearts out
As we sang happy birthday in 4 languages
English: By my sister Michelle
Spanish: By Stephen {my bro.-in-law}
Portuguese: By Kristen
AND
Baby gibberish: By Reese
It was quite the rendition!
I made Ben this delicious ice cream cake
It was SOOOO good
We might have eaten the whole thing that night...
Well anyways thanks Ben for having a birthday
We are so glad that you were born
So that we would celebrate and party all day long right before finals
Love you lots and thanks for being the best
Husband
Father
and
Friend
We could ask for






2 comments:
That song is from Scriptures Scouts! I LOVE scripture scouts! Happy birthday to your hubby!
I have been missing hearing that song! I could only remember the first two lines so I am so glad that you wrote it down! Brought back some good memories! I am also VERY very glad that you went bowling and beat your Ben! Rog would be very proud! I hope that your summer is a fun one!!
Post a Comment