Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Signing Time

Does your child have a favorite show/movie?
Well I never thought that Reese would.  
Why you might ask?  
Well number one:  we don't have cable or anything of that sort.  
Number two:  She is WAY too young...or so I thought
Exhibit A:
Reese staring at the T.V....nothing interrupts her signing time
{not even the camera}
Exhibit B:
She might invite a friend to watch

Exhibit C & D
Exhibit C
  She CANNOT hold still to save her life
She just can't seem to contain her excitement when those kids start signing
Exhibit D

 So what do you do when you 11 month old brings the DVD case to you
then the remote
 and walks over to the T.V. and bounces up and down?

 You say no
BUT then she looks at you with those big hazel eyes
 and you tell yourself that it IS educational
And so you turn it on again
and she gives you the biggest grin...

I need to hide this blasted DVD case!

9 comments:

Tina said...

How adorable!! What DVD is it? I'll like to start teaching Ella to sign.

Laura Cook said...

Crystal LOVES Signing Time! She hasn't watched them in a while cuz she got into Toy Story and its all she thought about for a while. But the other day she found the CD Case that has all the Signing Time DVD's in them and started doing the sign for "signing!" Saying "mommy, mommy! signing! Signing!" So now we are back to watching them all over again! More educational than toy story though so I guess I can't complain! (PS I really was surprised at how well she picked up on the signs. I didn't think just watching a video would really "teach" her anything.)

Amanda said...

Signing Time is great! I say let her watch it!! I worked on signing with Amelia from about 6 months on and one day when she was around 10-11 months she started doing some of the signs! It was so great because she could finally communicate with me and I think it has helped her vocabulary as well! She talks SO MUCH. She didn't get into the movies as much, I tried though!

Mal said...

We never really got into the Signing Time dvds, although Madie does sign. We watched them a couple of times, but they just weren't my thing.

I have to hide Madie's pajamas and jackets or she'll have me change her into them multiple times a day and they end up just getting dirty.

Derik and Jessica said...

I would totally be one of Reese's friends and watch the movies with her. She is so cute! I liked your documentation!

A.J. and Ashley said...

I love signing time. I know critics always say kids shouldn't watch T.V. before they are 2 but I say a little bit isn't too bad especially when it saves mom's sanity and you can get something done!

Kelda said...

haha so cute! I'm gonna have to get Isabel a signing video. She loves watching kids. I'm all for tv, just not too much, but of course Isabel isn't interested in the tv :(

Jessica :) said...

Haaahaha!! This totally cracks me up! Livie would be the same exact way. I have a couple little DVD's for babies but I'm so sure she would be the same way that I don't ever put them in! She gets excited when Dan and I watch something and she's glued to the TV!

Brooke said...

Adah gets that way with Baby Signing time, Elmo and Curious George. Its kind of sad how addicted she is to the TV but oh well I guess what she is watching could be worse. Gotta Love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...