Thursday, January 27, 2011

Food Critics

One thing that always causes a lot of talk in our family is how Ben eats his food.  He is VERY particular about his food, how it tastes, and how it is arranged on his plate.  He is usually the last one to finish eating and it usually takes him FOREVER to eat.

The first time that Ben ate at my parents house {while we were still dating} is a day I will never forget.  Everyone was enjoying the meal and slowly one by one they all quit eating just to watch Ben arrange his food and eat, it is seriously quite the sight.

Ben can sometimes embarrass me because of the way he eats.  You can tell he really liked the food when he starts licking his plate after all of the food is gone and he will usually lick his finger tips as well.  Whenever he does this his mom always tells me that she taught him better, and I believe it.

One thing Ben and Reese have in common is food.  Reese LOVES food probably as much as her daddy.  We call her a mooch because she could have just gotten done eating a big meal and if she sees someone else with food she will go and sit on your lap and make you give her some of your food.  It is quite embarrassing.

We have just discovered Reese's favorite food.  It is spaghetti.  She gobbles that stuff right up, except she hates the meat that I put in the sauce.  If there is the tiniest piece of meat in with her noodles and sauce, she will spit out her mouthful of spaghetti to find the meat, pick it out, and then eat the noodles that she just spit out.

Well the other night I grew quite tired of this so I let Reese feed herself...
 This was the result
When we showed her this picture, she laughed, 
and then pulled this lovely face for the camera
I sure do love this girl even if she is a little crazy about food and can manage to get it everywhere.  She is so much like her dad in so many ways and I love that about her.  She is definitely her daddy's daughter, just hopefully she won't pick up on licking her plate after she is done eating....
She is so much like her daddy

4 comments:

Mal said...

Hahahaha! What a cute girl! My littlest sister is the same when it comes to mooching food off other people. In fact, one of her nicknames (she's 10 and my dad still calls her by it sometimes) is Moochina. Yeah. It's that bad.

Kelda said...

you are SO lucky she loves food. Isabel is so picky it's getting really hard to find food she'll eat. She of course likes the junk food but she's really picky about texture I think, won't eat spagetti or rice, etc. Anyways, that's so great she loves food so much.

absterradster said...

Kristen I love that you got a picture of Ben to match Reese! SO CUTE!!

Crystal and Kyle said...

I love it!! Reese makes us smile. Awesome picture of Ben too :) HAHAHA Every kid is that way with signing time :) It is mesmerizing. Has she started doing any of the signs yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...