Monday, January 24, 2011

January 2011

One of my favorite times of day is right before Reese goes to bed.  Reese has slept like a champ since she was 6 weeks old (we have been very blessed).  About 6:30, an hour before bedtime, is her unwinding time.  I love this time because Ben, Reese, and I have an hour to spend together without worrying about things that we usually do, this is our family time, and I love it!
 The other night as we were looking for one of Reese's hair bows we pulled all of the couch cushions off of the couch.  Well we were to lazy to put them back in so we laid on the cushions and Reese had the time of her life playing in the couch cushions.
Then Ben brought out blankets and pillows and Reese was in heaven.  She climbed all over those cushions and laid on them.  She then started using the cushions and blankets to help her climb onto the couch.  That made me a little nervous but I think she was a little scared too. 
This is definitely our favorite time of the day because we just get to spend it together, what could be better than that.

My little brother is serving a mission in Brazil right now.  Ben and I were so excited when he was called to Brazil because that is where we both served our missions.  It is fun to get emails from him that are in Portuguese.  When Reese was born he bought her this cute little soccer outfit but didn't send it until recently.
 She looked like a professional soccer player in this snazzy outfit, it is just too bad that we live in Rexburg Idaho where it is winter for 8 months of the year.  I don't think it will fit by the time summer comes.
Reese is coming up on her birthday and I can hardly believe it.  She is growing so quickly and is changing so much.  I call her my little pest, because she seems to do things she knows she shouldn't.  She loves to pull my clothes off the shelves every day.  She loves to empty out everything and just make messes EVERYWHERE!  It is hard to clean up after her because I know she is going to go right behind me and pull out everything I just put away.
She has also learned how to use her voice.  She has learned to scream.  If she doesn't like what you are doing she will let you know.  She sometimes just likes to hear her loud voice and so she walks around the house screaming.  I think we need to invest in some duct tape! :o)

5 comments:

Mal said...

Man, I hear you on the duct tape. Screaming is one of Madie's hobbies.

I love that time of day too! I hate when I have a meeting (I'm on the RS planning committee, so once a month usually) and I'm gone for the hour right before Madie gets to bed. It is so much fun to just play around with her while she unwinds.

Crystal and Kyle said...

Her soccer outfit is adorable. Hey, I have this really good, really cheap piano repair man that tunes and fixes really old piano's. If you are interested let me know. Sometimes they take vacations up there to go to the temple so he said he could stop by. He is from Germany, I think and his wife always comes with him. They are very nice.

Luke and Mariah said...

She is such a cutie!!! I rememeber when Lincoln was at the screaming/getting into anything and everything stage. I'm realizing more and more that everything is just a stage... And you are so sweet Kristen! Thanks for the comment on my blog! It made my day! I miss you guys!

McKay & Carlee Francis said...

She is so cute! I can't believe how old she is getting....and her teeth are adorable! Oaklee only has one on top so far and I'm really nervous that she will look weird if the other one doesn't hurry up!

Jessica :) said...

I wish Livie had an early bedtime. We are usually excited if we can get her into bed around 9pm. *sigh* Maybe someday.
I can't believe it's been almost a year already!! Holy moley. Where does time go? She is so cute! I love your little family time. What precious memories you guys are making!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...