Tuesday, June 22, 2010

4 months old

Little Miss Reesie Poo is now 4 months old!  Wow time flies.  She is getting so big and it is so fun to watch her discover new things every day.
She went to her 4 month old check-up yesterday and she had so much fun with the doctor.  She got to show him some of her new tricks.  Reese also got a couple of shots that she took like a pro.  She maybe cried for about 5 seconds and then was just back to her normal self smiling and slobbering!
Reese's 4 months stats are:
Weight:  12 lbs. 15 oz. (10-25 percentile)
Height:  25 in. (50-75 percentile)
I love is seeing Reese's personality start to come through.  One thing I have discovered recently is that Reese is VERY stubborn.  We are trying to teach her to drink from a bottle...it has been a VERY hard thing to do.
If we try to give her the bottle she sits and cries and cries and cries until I give her what she wants.  She wont even try to drink from the bottle.  As soon as I put the bottles nipple into her mouth she knows exactly what it is and won't suck from it.  I think she thinks that the bottle is a big game.
Reese has recently joined the slobber club. 
She loves to put anything and everything into her mouth...and when that happens the outcome is fatal.  At church I gave her a teething ring to suck on and by the time she was through with that thing the ring and her dress where soaked!  Watch out!
In the last few weeks Reese has discovered a love for her feet.  She is always reaching for them and has also started trying to suck on them.  
I don't know how anyone can put their foot into mouth but don't you worry our little Reese has discovered how to do just that!
Another thing that Reese love to do is go to bed early and get up early in the morning.  I think she took the prophets counsel to heart when he said early to bed early to rise!  Reese usually is asleep by 7:30 p.m.  She sleeps the whole night through, but recently she has been getting up about 6 or 6:30 a.m.  That is not my favorite time to get up in the morning...thankfully she will usually go back down after I feed her for another hour.
We just love our little girl so much.  She brings so much joy into our home!  She is such a good baby and we have truly been blessed to have this sweet spirit be apart of our family!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Kristen...she is so adorable and getting so big! When did she start sleeping through the night? I'm looking forward to that with Ella...hopefully she will someday!

The Gulls said...

would you please start feeding her more. stop starving the poor girl :) I cant believe how big she looks in these pictures. she is so cute

Jessica :) said...

I love these pictures!! She is so cute! That's really great that she sleeps through the night - even if she does wake up early. Good luck with the bottle feeding game. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...