Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Our Growing Girl

Reese is now one month old!  I can hardly believe that she is a whole month old.  It still feels like she was just born yesterday.  We love having Reese in our home.  She brings so much joy into our family and I cannot imagine our lives without her.
Reese is such a GREAT baby.  She hardly ever cries and when she does it is just a little tiny cry.  I usually only get up twice during the night and I LOVE that!  I usually get up once at 2:30 or 3 and then again at 6:30 but my mom said that I can't count 6:30 as getting up during the night!  So according to my mom I only get up once during the night!  Reese loves to be cuddled with and to tell you the truth I don't mind cuddling with her.
She is such a funny sleeper because she makes all kind of grunts and groans and wiggles like crazy and she loves to sleep with her arms by her face or up above her head.  If you are trying to take a nap with her it is not very much fun because she makes so much noise and she will usually smack you in the face!
 This is one of my favorite pictures.  You have to look at her little hands.  Sometimes when I am feeding her or when she is sleeping she clasps her hands together...it is SO cute and makes my heart melt!
Reese now weighs 9 lbs. 3.5 oz. and is 20.5 inches long.  I can hardly believe that she has gained that much weight because she still seems so small to me.
 But anyways, Reese is such a blessing to have in our home.  I love being mom even if it is exhausting at times, it is so worth it!

8 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

So precious, she is beautiful! I am so glad she sleeps well, that makes it much more "do-able!" With Alli I held her a lot and even though a lot of times other things didn't get done I'm so glad I did. So hold her as much as you can because she will change soo fast!

Amanda said...

She is beautiful! Being a mom is great!

Mal said...

Madie was the same way. She only woke up at 2 or 2:30 and then again at 5:30...and yeah, we didn't count 5:30 as "during the night" since we only had an hour or two before school.

Reese is so big and alert! She's beautiful!

Jessica :) said...

Oh my goodness! She is so pretty! I just love how you have her all dolled up - and her eyes are so big and alert! I've just got to come meet her!

The Gulls said...

oh she is getting so big. i cant believe she is 9lbs. she is getting so big. i love the hand clasping picture. so cute. i cant wait to see you guys in a few weeks.

rachbechep said...

she is so cute! :)

Crystal and Kyle said...

We're so glad she is such a good baby for you. She's a doll

Tina Braegger said...

She is such a cutie! I love all her little outfits and bows! You are lucky to have such a good baby..it honestly makes it so much better! And I can not believe you love getting up in the night..you are truly a saint! That was rough for me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...