Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ben's birthday & throw up

Yesterday was Ben's birthday.  We had a lot of fun just spending the day together.  Thankfully Ben only had one class early in the morning so we went to breakfast here in town at a restaurant called Frontier Pies.  They have the yummiest breakfast in town.
Later that day my sister Michelle and her husband Stephen brought  Ben a birthday cake and a present.  But this was no ordinary birthday cake.
If you know Ben very well you know he doesn't like sweets very much or birthday cake.  So Michelle make him a meat loaf cake which of course Ben LOVED!!
Stephen is a really great artist...he made this really cool card for Ben...here is a part of the card.
Doesn't it look just like Ben...muscles and everything!!! :o)
Later that night we went to dinner to Red Robins because Ben got a gift certificate to there for his birthday.
  I am so grateful to Ben for the wonderful husband and dad that he is.  I couldn't ask for a better man.  I am so blessed to have him in my life.  Thanks Ben for all that you do for me and Reese.  We love you a TON!
 Here is a picture of my sweet beautiful baby girl...but I found out on Sunday that looks can be deceiving!
This past Sunday was mine and Reese's first Sunday back to church.  What an adventure that turned out to be.  Our church starts at 9 a.m. so I figured if I got up at 7 I could get the two of us ready by 9.  I got up and got ready and then stripped Reese down to her onesie and fed her (she has a bad habit of throwing up all over herself once she is dressed for the day).  Well she hadn't spit up at all so I thought we were good...yeah right.  After getting her in the tub and putting her clean little dress on she threw up on it.  It wasn't a ton so I wiped it off and we were good.  Then right as I was getting her into her carseat to go to church she spit up a ton and it was all over her dress, so we had to change her clothes before going to church.
She was wonderful throughout church.  Then we got home.  I was going visiting teaching at one so I needed to hurry and feed her before I left.  So I took off my shirt and was just in my tank top because Reese is know to throwing up all over me after I have gotten ready for the day.  So I fed her and was burping her and she somehow managed to throw up down inside my tank top and bra.  Don't ask me how but she did it.  Her dad then noticed that she had pooped through her diaper and onesie.  So her took her to change her and let me clean up.  While he was changing her diaper she spit up again and this time all over herself! Ahhhh!  So we hurried and cleaned her up and then I took her to finish feeding her.  As I took her I thought to myself, "I should take my skirt off just in case."  But I dismissed the idea and laid her on my lap and then she spit up all over my skirt!  What a day!
I sure love my little girl but I have never been thrown up on or spit up on so much in all of my life!  Sometimes I guess you just have to laugh!

4 comments:

McKay & Carlee Francis said...

She is such a doll!! I am sad we missed you your first sunday back...Oaklee was sick:( Congrats on Reese!!

Mal said...

Happy birthday, Ben!

Sorry about the pukey baby, Kristen. Good luck with the spit-up issues!

Nicole said...

HA. Well after the spit up down my leg and into my shoe in RS Sunday I completely understand. Cherish the moments, right? : )

Tina Braegger said...

Happy Birthday, Ben!!
And I have been thrown up on so many times..haha! Totally remember those days. It does get better! :) She is a cutie though!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...