This summer Ben will be selling in Houston, Texas. I have mixed feelings about this.
Number one: when I think of Texas I think of hot, Hot, HOT...I like warm weather but not unbearable hot weather
Number two: it is a 25 hour drive...I HATE driving long distances...hopefully our two month old baby will enjoy driving long distances more than I do
Number three: I was talking to a girl in my ward and I told her we had to drive through New Mexico...she had a few horrible things to say about New Mexico. She pretty much told me that we should NOT stop there for anything!!! It made me laugh a lot!
Number four: it is not that fun to live such a long ways away from our family...especially when they go on all kinds of fun family vacations.
But I am excited to live somewhere new. I am excited to meet some true Texans...supposedly Texas has some very friendly people, I am excited about making some new friends, and I am excited about all of the fun things that we are going to do...including going to THE BEACH!!
BUT I am nervous about traveling such a long distance with a baby...hopefully she will be a perfect angel and won't make a peep the whole 25 hour drive!! That would be ideal!

7 comments:
Houston isn't all bad. I personally wouldn't want to live there, but I think everyone knows how I complain about pretty much anywhere but Maine, Massachusetts, and Italy, and I haven't even been to Italy. I just refuse to complain about it. Anyway, at least you'll be in the humidity--although maybe you don't like it. I LOVE humidity. (Mike says Houston is too humid, but I wouldn't know. I was there for like, 4 days in the spring, so...)
THE POINT IS you're right! It is always fun to live in a new area. And just think, you'll have that brand new baby. Don't be shocked if the "fun family vacations" are heading to Houston!
Hey kristen, I am so excited for you. The end seems like eternity, keep up the patience and she will be here before you know it. we should get together once things slow down a little... Love-becca
I'm excited for your little one, and I had to tell you that although New Mexico is definitely not the coolest place, we survived an entire summer there (I'll never go there again for any extended period of time), so I'm guessing you'll make it just fine passing through :)
TEXAS.....I hope you see a lot of crazy things that you can only see in Texas! I have only been to Dallas and it was just a short trip. My favorite part would probably be the way a true Texan speaks.....ohhh you gotta love that oh, as well as the good ole handle bar mustache. LUCKY!
Oh, that will be exciting for you!! I certainly hope the trip won't be a bad one. When are you supposed to head down there? I hope the experience is awesome! I've never been to Texas {I'm with you - I always think HOT when I think Texas} but I had a roommate from Texas and she was about the coolest girl ever! Oh, that will be so fun for you guys!
HAHA... I love that you wrote that about New Mexico... but really i hate it that much! And i am so glad you had your baby! CONGRATS!
You Already have met a TRUE TEXAN!!! ME!!! You will have a good time. and when i come to town to visit my mom i will for sure come visit Platinum!
Post a Comment