Before I say anything about graduation...can I just say how much I HATE graduation hats! These hats are the ugliest and most unflatering things in the whole world. I cannot believe they make so much money off something so ridiculous...anyways...Since I was a little girl I have always dreamed of being a teacher. Sure along the way there were the usual doubts, but really that is all I have ever wanted to be. I have been in college…well it seems like forever, but yesterday I finally fulfilled this dream.
I graduated from BYU-Idaho yesterday morning. What an overwhelming experience that was. As I walked in to the Hart Auditorium my eyes were flooded with tears as I realized that I was finally done. What a wonderful and fulfilling experience I have had at BYU-Idaho. I am so blessed to have attended this university. I love the principles that I was taught here. I am grateful for wonderful and outstand teachers that were concerned for me and my progress. I have worked for this day for a very long time.
I am so grateful to my parents and for their constant encouragement and support throughout all of my college years. I remember that first year of college and calling home and crying to them because college with tough. But they told me I could do it and to keep going…that it would pay off. I love and appreciate them so much and want to thank them for all that they have done for me.
How grateful I am for an incredible husband who helped me out with my last two semesters of college. I couldn’t have done student teaching without Ben. He was my support and the encouragment I needed to endure student teaching. He helped me out by being the homemaker of our home for the last three months and I love and appreciate him so much. What a wonderful husband I have!
Yesterday was a wonderful and long day. I had to be at the college at 8 a.m. I got there and found some of my good friends from the Elementary Education department and was grateful to be with them for this last and final event together. President Clark gave wonderful advice and then Elder Neil L. Anderson spoke about wisdom.
I graduated from BYU-Idaho yesterday morning. What an overwhelming experience that was. As I walked in to the Hart Auditorium my eyes were flooded with tears as I realized that I was finally done. What a wonderful and fulfilling experience I have had at BYU-Idaho. I am so blessed to have attended this university. I love the principles that I was taught here. I am grateful for wonderful and outstand teachers that were concerned for me and my progress. I have worked for this day for a very long time.
I am so grateful to my parents and for their constant encouragement and support throughout all of my college years. I remember that first year of college and calling home and crying to them because college with tough. But they told me I could do it and to keep going…that it would pay off. I love and appreciate them so much and want to thank them for all that they have done for me.
How grateful I am for an incredible husband who helped me out with my last two semesters of college. I couldn’t have done student teaching without Ben. He was my support and the encouragment I needed to endure student teaching. He helped me out by being the homemaker of our home for the last three months and I love and appreciate him so much. What a wonderful husband I have!
Yesterday was a wonderful and long day. I had to be at the college at 8 a.m. I got there and found some of my good friends from the Elementary Education department and was grateful to be with them for this last and final event together. President Clark gave wonderful advice and then Elder Neil L. Anderson spoke about wisdom.
We then broke up into our separate buildings and we were privileged to have Elder Anderson and President Clark come to the walking of the Education Department. I got to shake an apostles hand!! Pretty sure this hand is never getting washed again!!!After walking, all of our family came over to our little apartment and had lunch. It was great to have so much family around. My family left and then we went over the Grandma Shirley’s house and had dinner with Brad and Jan, Jeff and Annette and their family. We stayed until about 1:30 in the morning. I was exhausted by the time we got home last night.
What a wonderful day I had and how grateful I was to have so many people there to support me yesterday. I just want them to all know how much I love and appreciate them. Thanks everyone!

P.S. we are NOT headed to Fort Worth anymore this summer...we are now going to St. Louis Misouri! What an adventure!!
7 comments:
congrats on graduating!!! i can't wait for it to be my time!!! and how fun to go to missouri!!! when do guys leave??? :/
Congratulations! What a great feeling. I will be doing the same thing in about 4 weeks! Can't wait.
congrats! im so glad you are done. i love the family picture..to bad jared and kaylee are so tall. you cant even see grandma and grandpa. cant wait to see you guys. we miss you
Congratulations!! Graduating is always a wonderful satisfactory feeling! I'm really glad for you! I hope you both have a great time in Missouri! We'll miss you here but I'm sure your experiences will be wonderful!
Isn't it such an awesome feeling of accomplishment? Congrats! That's so exciting. So what will you be teaching?
I am so glad you found my blog and posted. Congrats on graduating, it is the best feeling finishing. I do remember you wanted to be a teacher, you will be an amazing teacher. Love-Becca
Graduating is the best! Unfortunately the days of homework are not over :) Because I am a stay at home mother and Kyle is working and going to school, I get to help him with his homework all the time. Then when kyle finally graduates children will be entering school and i'll have their homework to help with. I'm sure you'll have a similar experience :) GOod thing we went to college to help them out :)
Post a Comment