Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Birthday Celebrations!

Yes that is what I said, "Birthday Celebrations" meaning we celebrated Ben's Birthday more than once!! It has been a very eventful last 5 days. So let me fill you in.
Friday (March 27) we went out to dinner to AppleBee's! Mmmmmmm I love it. We had originally decided to go out to eat at the Hardhat Cafe here in Rexburg but when we drove up we noticed there were no cars in the parking lot. We thought that was kind of strange so we pulled up to the doors and there was a sign that said that they had moved to Idaho Falls!!! Boooo we didn't like that at all. So we went to AppleBee's instead to celebrate my last day of college/Ben's upcoming B-day. It was really yummy but I was really craving Hardhat's scones and their Burn Barrel...oh well AppleBee's was still excellent.
Saturday Ben's parents came to Idaho. We had so much fun with them and it was so great to see them again (it has been a while). That afternoon we went to the Rexburg temple with Ben's parents (Brad and Jan), Grandma Shirley, and Jeff and Annette (Ben's Aunt and Uncle). It was so great to be in the temple with so many family members.
After the temple we went out to eat at the Olive Garden with everyone plus all of Jeff and Annette's family. It was so much fun. We especially had fun sitting next to Eric, Ben's 11 year-old cousin. I think he kept us laughing the whole time. He was determined that he didn't need to order off of the kid's menu. He ordered the Fettuccini Alfredo...I think he ate about six noodles because he filled up on breadsticks. But he was hillarious because he kept pushing all the noodles together so it looked like he had eaten more! Let's just say he kept us laughing all night long
After dinner we went over to Grandma Shirley's and opened presents.


Ben got four different games from his parents, new church socks (which were very much needed), and a pair of cargo shorts for work this summer. We were so excited about the games because we don't have any in our house, besides dice, so all we play is Hot Dice every single night...so it was about time for some new games. Thanks so much Brad and Jan we love them!


After opening presents we played games all night and sat around and talked...it was a ton of fun and we were pretty much laughing all night long.
Sunday we went to church at Grandma Shirley's ward. We had Sunday dinner at Jeff and Annette's. Ben had picked the meal...we ate an elk roast, potatoes and gravy, cooked carrots, beans, spaghetti squash, homemade rolls, and then for dessert peach crisp with icecream. Yes it was delicious and yes Ben is definitely spoiled!!
Monday night was Ben's actual birthday...that night we had Michelle (my sister) and her friend Stephen over for strawberry cheesecake, presents, and to play games.

We had lots of fun with them.

I gave Ben a new shirt, after-shave, a new belt, and a tie. My cooperating teacher for student taching also got a box of Samoas for Ben...so nice of her.

I also decided to try and be crafty...I made this board and put fabric over it with ribbons and then put pictures all over it...I thought it turned alright...considering I am not crafty at all.

Then Ben got even more presents from my family...Michelle got him a game called Five Crown's...we played it at Christmas time with Ben's family and we love it, so we are excited to have that game in our home. My parents sent Ben a new church belt, and a new shirt...so overall I guess you could say that Ben is very and extremely loved (or just spoiled).

Ben's Birthday cake made by Michelle and Stephen

Then yesterday afternoon one of Ben's mission buddies brought over chocolate cake...mmmm gotta love chocolate cake. Last night some of our friends invited us over for dinner to celebrate Ben's birthday. Dinner was so delicious because it was a recipe from Olive Garden...it was their Zupa Tuscana soup or something like that...it was delicious.

So thank you to all of you who helped in spoiling Ben...he truly enjoyed it. We especially loved having Ben's parents here last weekend...and we loved spending so much time with them and Ben's family. I am glad that Ben's birthday only comes around once a year because after it was all over, I think it is safe to say that I have put on a couple of extra pounds!! Gotta love birthdays!

5 comments:

A.J. and Ashley said...

Now that sounds like a great birthday! I want a week long celebration! Sounds fun!

The Gulls said...

what a spoiled brat!! Gees what a birthday! i love the picture of chelle and steven. they look soooo cute!

Cassott Kinghorn said...

yay for blogs! :) What a fun life you guys have, at least when there are birthdays... :)

Crystal and Kyle said...

WoW! That was quite a celebration! I wish my birthday lasted a whole week. :) That dinner at Grandma shirley's sounded amazing. We are very excited to see you guys soon. We love you!

Rachel said...

We sure missed you at the mission reunion!!! I hope that you can come down next time!! We love you! and Happy Birthday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...