Saturday, March 7, 2009

Goodbye Idaho, Hello Texas!



Ben and I have FINALLY decided what to do for the summer. We have been debating for a while now what we should do. We live in Rexburg, Idaho where there is not a lot of places to make a lot of money to pay for schooling, housing, groceries, etc. We knew that if we stayed here for the summer we wouldn't make enough money to keep going to school. We have talked to quite a few people and quite a few different companies and have finally decided to go to Fort Worth, Texas to sell security systems for Platinum. We are both very excited about this decision. We talked to a lot of different companies and when Ben started talking to some friends they told us about Platinum. We called the guy over hiring and set up an appointment to talk to him. He took us out to Bajios and we liked both him and the company. We instantly felt great about the company and about who we would be working for. So Thursday night, Ben signed the papers to work for Platinum Security Systems throughout the summer. We will be leaving sometime in April for Fort Worth. Ben will begin working at noon and work until sunset...meaning he could get home at 11 at night sometimes.

So what am I suppose to do??? Well we talked to them and they said that I could have a job working for the company or hang out with all the wives and party all summer long. As nice as that sounds to party all summer long...I think I would feel a little bit guilty so I will either work for them or find a job somewhere in Fort Worth.

Although I am not extremely excited about Texas, I think that this will be a great experience for us. The downfall of everything is that we will be a long ways from our families. We will miss visiting them during the summer and also all of the fun family vacations/activities that usually happen during the summer. We will definitely miss our families a lot but we are very grateful for their support in our decision. We just hope that this is a great experience and as they say in Texas, "Everything is BIGGER in Texas". We just hope that saying holds true to our salaries!

4 comments:

Tina said...

Kristen!!! I'm so glad you found me in blogger world! I love yours! Looks like you two are doing great! Hope you two have the best time in Texas this summer! Love ya!

A.J. and Ashley said...

That's awesome. I wish you the best of luck with summer sales! My brother and his wife live in Texas near Fort Worth and they love it there!

Crystal and Kyle said...

We will definitely miss you guys this summer but we know the stresses of providing for your family and paying for school. Ya do what ya gotta do right? We're glad we will get to see you guys before you take off. Good Luck, especially Ben out in that heat!! I've been to Texas once and the humitity was incredible. My curly hair scrunched up so fast :) Love ya

Ryan & Amanda said...

Hey so I just saw this post and Ryan and I did this for 3 summers. I hope it works out well for you guys, we had a great experience. Our first summer I got a job in Indiana and I LOVED it. It is a much better out than working for the company which is what I did the second summer because Ryan managed an office. Anyway, good luck. it is a lot of work and at times you don't see each other very much, but it can be very worth it and is a ton of fun to be away somewhere together! I am kind of jealous since we aren't going this year because it is fun to see a new place!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...