Friday, February 27, 2015

Family Scripture Study

We had Stake Conference recently and our Stake President talked about how important it is to read the scriptures as family because we are preparing our kids before sending them out into the world.  He told us that it didn't matter how old our children were that we should read the scriptures with them no matter what.  That really hit me and I knew I wanted to start reading scriptures as a family.  So Ben and I talked about it and so we decided to start having family scripture study in the morning before Ben left for work.

Now it isn't always perfect and the kids don't always want to listen but at least we are doing and at least they see that it is important to us and so hopefully as they get older it will get better.  I love my little family and I want to be with them forever and so I will do whatever I need to to prepare them to face the wicked world.

1 comment:

Jessica :) said...

You are so great! I'm not sure we could pull of mornings for our scripture study. Tell your kiddos they're my heroes for getting up & doing it early in the mornings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...