Sunday, March 1, 2015

My little helper

Reese has become quite the good little helper lately, and I am so extremely thankful for her.  She is so good to help and do whatever I ask her.  Of course there is the occasional whining but for the most part she is great.

I am a total control freak and like things done a certain way so some things are harder for me than others.  She has been wanting to go out and get the mail from the mailbox by herself for a long time.  I always get a little nervous sending her out all by herself but I am getting better.
Unfortunately, the day I finally decided to let Reese go and get the mail was the day that all of our junk mail came.  There was mail flying all over the place.  It was kind of funny to watch.

Reese is also great at helping me with her brothers.  She is so wonderful to sit down and play with them or read to them.  She is seriously my lifesaver when I can't sit down with them.

Reese has also been wanting to help me cook more and more and this is the one that I have the hardest time with.  It is quicker if  I do it myself but I know I need to teach her and let her help.  One of my favorite blogs called Mel's Kitchen Cafe did a series on cooking with kids and it gave me a bunch of ideas and tips.  So I am trying to let loose in the kitchen and let this girl help out more.
I would be lying if I told you that this didn't make me nervous.  I gave her the dullest knife I owned and showed her how to cut up veggies and she was in heaven. 

I don't know what I would do without this girl!  She is the best and I feel so blessed to have her as my little helper.

1 comment:

Familia Cedeño said...

Your family is adorable! I am blogging again! Look me up! xoxoxo

Jessica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...