I LOVE holidays! I love celebrating and I especially love when Ben has an extra day off!
Our fourth of July was very simple. Macon doesn't have a parade or any festivities for the fourth of July so we had to come up with our own entertainment. Thank goodness we have a pool! Our fourth of July was spent in the pool and surprisingly no one else was there! We probably had the whole entire pool to ourselves for over an hour and then a few more people trickled in, but it was so nice to have only a few people there.
We spent the first thirty minutes trying to teach Reese to swim {like we do every time we go to the pool} and she spent those thirty minutes crying and screaming bloody murder. I can only take so much so we strapped her life jacket on her and let her swim. She is seriously a different swimmer when she has her life jacket on. She isn't afraid of anything. Well for the next two hours Reese was swimming {with her life jacket}. Right before we left we told her to try swimming without her life jacket. I thought for sure she would start screaming as soon as we took her jacket off but nope. She put her face down in the water kicked her legs up and she swam! I was speechless! For days I had been listening to her scream and tell me how she was scared of the water and then all of the sudden she decides she can swim and she does!!! Reese amazes me sometimes!
Reese loves swimming without her life jacket now and she isn't afraid to swim in the deep either. It is fun to go under water with her because she will sit and wave at you and swim to you and just play. Which is so funny to me, because she went from being terrified of going under water to not scared of anything.
Anyways, back to the fourth of July. After we went swimming we came home and the kids zonked out for a couple of hours. We had plans to grill but by the time the kids woke up it was late and we were starved so we decided to let Texas Roadhouse do the cooking for us. Oh it was divine!
Then we came home and did a few fireworks before bed. The kids and I bought some sparklers, flowers, and pops a few days before the fourth and they were so excited to set off fireworks. They had fun.
I love seeing the joy in their faces. They keep asking if we can do fireworks again. I think it is safe to say they had a good fourth of July!






No comments:
Post a Comment