This year things were a bit different. All of our friends and family went out of town. I have a two week old baby. I am still recovering from giving birth. I am still adjusting to being a mother of three. We had Thanksgiving while Ben's mom was here. I don't have any idea how to cook a turkey. So after making up a million excuses, I decided that I was not going to make a Thanksgiving feast for myself, Ben, Reese, and Benson. What was the point? My kids are picky eaters anyways, so really I would just be cooking for me and Ben.
A week before Thanksgiving someone dropped off a turkey and all the trimmings to a Thanksgiving meal at our door. We debated what to do with the turkey. Should we give it to a food bank? Should we make Thanksgiving dinner now? We would feel really guilty if we didn't. Someone had bought and paid for our entire Thanksgiving dinner.
The day before Thanksgiving we finally decided that we were going to make a Thanksgiving dinner. We were only going to make our favorite parts of Thanksgiving. Ben was in charge of the turkey and stuffing.
He had watched his mom make the turkey while she was here and he felt confident in trying to replicate what she had done. I was going to make the rolls, mashed potatoes, and the green bean casserole.
We also decided that we weren't going to eat until dinner time so there was no rush in getting our feast ready. That morning we were super lazy. We watched Macy's Thanksgiving parade while cuddling with our sweet babe.
Reese and Benson had a great time dressing up. Peter Pan visited our house and made a mess of their bedroom.
We also had a little boy wearing a bunch of necklaces visit our home too.
After having a very relaxing morning we decided to finally get started on our Thanksgiving feast. We cooked for several hours and all I know is I am very grateful for a husband who enjoys cooking. We were quite the duo in the kitchen and when all was said and done we had a extremely delicious Thanksgiving feast!
Everyone chowed down and enjoyed a very yummy dinner. Reese discovered that turkey is very yummy.
And Benson . . . all he would eat were rolls. He ate about six rolls. Everything else was yucky according to Benson.
And while all this was happening our little baby was fast asleep dreaming of milk and not realizing that he was missing out on a very wonderful feast.
I am so thankful for my little family. It was very different being all alone this year. I was a little sad when I found out we would be alone, but it ended up being a great Thanksgiving and one I will never forget!
Happy Thanksgiving!









2 comments:
Wow! I wish someone would leave Thanksgiving dinner on our doorstep! ;) That is so cool. And it looks like it turned out great.
Way to go! I'm impressed you did a whole Thanksgiving feast by yourself!
Post a Comment