Thursday, July 25, 2013

Some of my favorite Utah things

It has been five years since I have spent a summer in Utah.  There are some things that I have missed dearly since moving away.  

One of the things right at the top of my list is shaved ice.  Not the cheap yucky stuff but the smooth ice that melts in your mouth.  Thankfully I have wonderful family who take me to indulge in shaved ice.  Jan took me to get my first one and it was delectable!  I then had to take my kids to get some shaved ice because there are some things in life you cannot go without trying and shaved ice is one of them.

We took my sister Kaylee and nephew Corbin with us.  Corbin kept telling us that he did not want the child sized snow  cone because he was NOT a child.  Well what do you know, as soon as we sat down with our snow cones Corbin spilled his all over.  I think next time we will stick with the child sized snow cone!
As soon as Reese and Benson had a taste of my snow cone I didn't really get another bite.  If I even tried to take a bite they would scream and tell me that they needed some.  I think it is safe to say that they enjoyed their first snow cone quite a bit!
Reese and Benson love having all of their cousins around to play with.  They love their cousin Corbin and have a blast whenever he comes over to Grandma's house.

Another thing I love is having a yard and playing out in the yard.  One of my favorite things to do as a kid was to play on our slip n' slide.  I LOVED it and my siblings and I spent hours running up and down the slip n' slide.

Grandma and Grandpa got a slip n' slide for the kids and that was one of the first things we did.  Corbin was so excited and kept asking all morning long when we could pull out the slip n' slide.
My kids weren't really sure what to do with the slip n' slide so it was a good thing that Corbin was around to show them how the slip n' slide worked {because there was no way this pregnant lady was going to show them}.
Benson could care less about the slip n' slide. He was just interested in the water that was spouting out the side.
He was content to watch everyone else.  He finally got up the courage and ran down the slide once and that was enough for him.
Reese on the other hand tried running, slipping, and sliding but she never made it very far down the slide.  She was kind of funny to watch and I couldn't help laugh at my timid little girl.

I think the thing I have missed the most is boating with my family.  I was so excited to water ski this summer but unfortunately when you are on pelvic rest water skiing is out of the question.  Reese was excited to go boating even though she had no idea what it meant to go boating.
Benson loved flying through the air.  He kept saying whoa and more, more, more.  I think it is safe to say that he loved riding in the boat.
Reese was quick to jump in the water.  Thankfully Kaylee was nice and helped her in the water.
And after about three minutes of being in the water Reese told Kaylee she wanted to try and swim by herself.  That really surprised me, but Kaylee let go and off went our little fish.  She swam all over and loved every minute of it.
Benson started screaming as soon as he got into the water.  He hated the lake and he didn't like the life jacket.
It finally got too hot and I had to take a dip in the dirty water, but oh it felt wonderful!  We kept asking Reese if she wanted to ride in the tube and she said no but we finally convinced her to try the tube with dad.
They had a blast out in the tube.  Ben made it fun for them and I was wishing I could be out there in the tube with them {dumb pelvic rest}.
We finally got a smile out of Benson as Ben let him out of the tube.  It was seriously a miracle because he hated being in the lake.
We finally went back to shore and enjoyed playing on the shore for a little bit.  
I love Utah and I am so grateful that I get to share with my children some of the things that I love doing the very mostest!

1 comment:

Mikki and Greg said...

Have you been to Rita's Italian Ice in TX? They have AWESOME AWESOME flavors and are so yummy. We first tried it out in Delaware and we went a LOT. You should go try it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...