Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter

Our ward playgroup had an Easter egg hunt a week before Easter.  Thankfully it was held at the church so it was close enough that I could load the kids up in the stroller and walk.  It was a little chilly but the kids were excited about the Easter egg hunt.  We even practiced at home so they would know what they were suppose to do.  This playgroup was great because they had lunch for us!  Reese had fun playing and eating lunch with her friend Isabella.
After getting something healthy into our kids they had the Easter egg hunt.  Reese made a haul.  Everyone who participated had to bring a dozen candy filled eggs so there were eggs everywhere.
 
After the hunt was over Reese, Benson, and Kennady sat down together to see what was inside each egg.  I seriously turned my back for 10 seconds and when I turned back Benson's cheeks were bulging.  He had stuffed in about 5 huge jelly beans.  That kid is definitely my child!

We colored Easter eggs Friday night with Ben.  Reese loved coloring the eggs and she made sure that we had at least one pink egg.
When I was a child our Easter bunny never actually came on Easter but the day before so on Easter we could focus on the real meaning of Easter. So that is what Ben and I having been doing for our kids.  When Reese got up she didn't even notice her Easter basket filled with goodies until I came out of my room and said, "Reese, what's that?" and then she got all excited when she realized who came during the night!  Benson was just excited about pulling all of the green grass out of his basket.
The kids didn't get new Easter clothes but they still looked cute in their Sunday best.  Trying to get a picture of these two together with both of them looking at me and smiling is nearly impossible.
We had Michelle and Stephen over for dinner after church.  I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing and I burned my finger really bad.  I touched the coil inside our oven and my skin fell right off {gross I know}.  Thankfully I have the most amazing husband who took over making dinner while I sat crying and icing my burned finger!

Later we sat down with our kids and talked about Christ and the Resurrection.  We also watched a part of the Living Scriptures movies He is Risen.  I don't know how much they understood but at least they know that Christ loves them and that we can be a family forever!

1 comment:

Tina Braegger said...

Wow what an awesome ward you have. That is way cool! Your kids are adorable I. Their little Easter outfits! I hope your finger is ok too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...