Monday, March 4, 2013

My Stroller

This is my stroller.  
Isn't she a beut?  I feel like I should name her or something but I haven't become that attached to her yet.  All I know is she is ghetto!

This wonderful stroller is from the 90's!  Yes you heard me right the 90's.  My parents had 4 kids really close together.  We thought they were done.  It had been 5 1/2 years since my brother was born but then they surprised us by telling us that my mom was expecting a baby boy!  We were all ecstatic!  Jared came into our family and then a year and a half later my mom gave birth to a cute little girl, they named her Kaylee.  Well back in 1997 after Kaylee entered our family my parents bought this beautiful blue stroller.  It was used quite a bit, I remember taking it with us on our family vacation to Mt. Rushmore.
The stroller isn't in the picture but I remember pushing that beast of a thing all over the place on this vacation.

Anyways, right before we had Benson my called me and asked me if I wanted a double stroller, of course I did, so she sent it up to Idaho.  When it arrived I couldn't believe that my parents had held onto this thing for all these years.  My brother and sister are now 17 and 15, so it has been a LONG time since my parents have used that double stroller.

Well when the stroller arrived I was a little too proud/vain/embarrassed to use it.  I told Ben to get rid of it and that I would NEVER use it.  Well I am now thankful that my husband was wise and told me no.  I still don't use it that often but I am grateful for that beast of a stroller.

Sure it isn't the prettiest thing to look at.  Sure the wheels don't really turn and it skids when you go around corners.  Sure you have to really put your back into to get it going.  BUT it works and it was free, plus you get a really good workout in pushing that beast! Oh and my children LOVE going for rides in it, so I guess that's a good thing 
So if you see me pushing my ghetto stroller down the road I might duck and hide when I see you, but my kids will wave!

2 comments:

Kelda said...

That is hilarious! Can't beat free though! :)

Jessica :) said...

Don't you just love old free stuff our parents give us? :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...