Thursday, December 27, 2012

Fun with the Hudson's

We spent a little time at my parent's house before heading up to Ben's parent's house.  We went to my parent's ward Christmas party and Santa was there.  Reese was so excited to go up and see him and make sure that he remembered that she wanted a pink bike for Christmas this year.

This year was our year to spend Christmas with Ben's family so we had an early Christmas with my family.  My parents had some fun plans but they got a little spoiled when my sister Kaylee's basketball game got pushed back to 5:15 instead of 3:30.

So we all went and watched and cheered on Kaylee and her 9th grade basketball team.  After the game we rushed home and ate Cafe Rio dinner.  Then we put on REALLY warm clothes and coats and gloves and anything else we could find and loaded up onto my parent's trailer to sing Christmas carols and look at Christmas lights.
Unfortunately it was raining while we were caroling and riding on the trailer so it was FREEZING and then when we turned the around and headed home the rain was blowing right into our faces!  Good memories!
Thank goodness my parents were prepared and had hot chocolate for everyone.  It helped warm us up a little bit!
I was soaked by the end of the ride and Reese and Benson had had it, but it was a fun memory and one they won't ever remember!  That is why I take pictures so one day I can tell them all about this picture and how miserable they were!

After our cold ride, we headed inside and our present opening began.  We were all pretty excited to open presents . . . especially my nephew Corbin!
 
Benson got a guitar and radio.  Before he even got the present open it started playing music and Benson got excited and started dancing.  He is the music lover in our family so this present was perfect for Benson.

Reese was quite excited about her tea set that she got.  She has been asking for one forever and she was ecstatic to finally get one!
Reese was also very excited about her new princess dress-ups!  She was so excited she was jumping up and down and I couldn't get her to just smile for me.

But I definitely got the BEST present I could EVER ask for!  My siblings and I always draw names  and this year my extremely talented brother-in-law Stephen drew my name.
He drew Reese and Benson as Tinkerbell and Peter Pan.  I am in love with this picture.  I cannot wait to hang it up in our house and show everyone that comes over.  So if you come over to our home it is safe to say that you will get to see my AMAZING Christmas present!

I think Benson's favorite part about Grandma and Grandpa Hudson's house was this little car.  He couldn't figure out how to get up on top of it but he liked to push it around while dragging behind it. 

Reese LOVED Lucy the cat.  The whole time we were at Grandma and Grandpa's house she just wanted to go outside to see Lucy.  She would ask everyone to take her outside to see Lucy.  Thank goodness for the big front window where Reese could sit and talk and play with Lucy, while I stayed warm.

Reese also loved playing with her cousin Corbin.  The played the game Fibber together.
And although they didn't have any idea how to play, my sister Jen was a good sport and helped them play.  I think they had a good time.
Reese and Corbin also had a sleep over.  They helped Grandma make gingerbread houses and .make home made ice cream.
Then we got on our pajamas and watched Rudolph the red nosed reindeer.  It took a lot of convincing Reese and Corbin that they wanted to watch that movie but finally they agreed with me and Grandma that in fact they did want to watch that movie.
Reese was scared of the abominable snowman in the movie but thankfully Corbin was next to her to tell her it wasn't real and by the end of the movie Reese was fast asleep.
Thank goodness cousin Corbin was there to use as a pillow.  We had a blast with the Hudson's this holiday season.  I am so thankful we were able to come to Utah for Christmas this year because we would have definitely missed out on all of these fun memories!

1 comment:

Michelle Sitton said...

I love the last picture with Reese using Corbin as a pillow. I am SO glad you guys to go be in Utah for Christmas and spend time with everyone. We look forward to seeing you all soon!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...