Thursday, August 2, 2012

Obsessed

Isn't it funny how kids get obsessed about certain things.  Reese's first obsession began last summer.  She became obsessed with Elmo.  She loved Elmo and all she ever wanted to do was watch her little Elmo movie.  She got her first stuffed Elmo from Grandma and Grandpa last summer and that Elmo went EVERYWHERE with her.  She LOVED Elmo.  For Christmas everyone gave her different Elmo things and she was so excited, but we have moved on from Elmo.

Reese's current obsession is this guy
Curious George aka Georgie as we call him in our family has been Reese's obsession since about Christmas time.  My sister had the Curious George movie on her laptop and she watched that movie over and over again.  She got so excited whenever she saw anything with Curious George.
On our drive to Texas we made sure that we had plenty of movies for Reese to watch.  Our drive was about 24 hours and for those 24 hours Reese watched the same movie over and over and over again.  What was that movie?  You guessed it, Curious George.  Every once in a while she would let me throw in Megamind but about an hour into that movie she would beg for Curious George again.  I think I had that movie memorized by the end of the 24 hour drive.

When we went to California with Ben's family back in April, Reese found out there was the Curious George movie on Netflix and that she could watch it over and over again if she asked one her nice aunts or uncles to put it on for her.  But if anyone else wanted to watch something else she kept asking over and over and over again for Georgie.  The family sat around and laughed and laughed because of her obsession for Georgie.  "I want Georgie", "I need Georgie", "I need to watch Georgie", "I don't want to watch this, I want Georgie" she would say in her little voice over and over again until someone listened.   


While we were shopping at Kohl's one day Ben found this little monkey for 5 bucks.  He just had to buy it for her and this Georgie has become her VERY best friend.  They do EVERYTHING together.  He sleeps with her (thankfully she is okay if he isn't there at nap or bedtime), they eat meals together, they go to the park together, he comes shopping with us, they watch t.v. together.  You name it Georgie comes with us.  These two are inseparable. 
Georgie is the one toy that Reese does NOT share.  She has a hard time sharing her favorite toy with her little brother.  But we sure do love Georgie and the friendship that he has given to Reese.  I LOVE when I can hear her say to George, "You're my best friend Georgie".  What would we do without Georgie?
Unfortunately I think she has passed this obsession onto Benson.  Yes, our sweet little Benson LOVES Reese's Georgie.  He gets so excited whenever he can get his hands on Georgie.  He starts squealing and screaming whenever he gets to hold Georgie.
And then he body rolls George, sucks on Georgie, kisses George, and anything else you can imagine.
We love you Georgie and don't know what we would do without you!

4 comments:

Jen Gull said...

I love Georgie too. She is to cute. We had so much fun skyping with you guys.

Mikki and Greg said...

Haha! That is so funny. I wonder how some kids develop obsessions. I don't remember having any, didn't have a special blanket that I know of, but it is kinda fun to see what phases they go through. Too funny that Benson is picking it up too!

Jessica :) said...

Haha! Cute little obsession! It always makes me laugh to see the things kids get attached to. Livie liked George until she started on the Elmo thing. But I suppose it's good for kids to have things they love. Also, I love that Benson loves Georgie! Isn't it great how kids always love that which is forbidden? :)

Tina Braegger said...

Aww so cute! I wonder why kids do that. I can totally relate. It is pretty cute that they obsess over things so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...