Friday, June 22, 2012

Early to Bed, Early to Rise

Every morning before the sun is shinning, 
between the hours of 5:30 and 6:30, 
I am usually woken up by Benson crying 
or a very loud POP
I know that my blissful sleep is coming to an end.  
I get up and feed Benson and he goes back to sleep {thankfully}.
But the loud POP, that is a different story.
The loud POP is made by Reese.  
Well I guess it isn't made by Reese, but by her bedroom door when she opens it.
Reese is up at the crack of dawn.  
She is usually up before the sun is shinning.  
And If you were to take a peek into our living room at 6 a.m. you would find this...

Or this

Or this
Every night before Ben and I go to bed we turn the t.v. to Disney Channel and put the remote on the couch.
Then when Reese gets up in the morning she gets the remote and turns the t.v. on
And then as I am laying in bed, glad that Reese is not in my bed, I hear her yell out
Donald, Daisy, Doofy, Pooto, Minnie, Mickey.
I know that Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is on and it is time for me to get up.
Reese is my little alarm clock.
Some days though, I wish my children weren't such early risers
Or ready to play at the crack of dawn
But at least I don't have to invest in an alarm clock!

6 comments:

Jessica :) said...

Livie always gets up early, too. I used to like getting up early to exercise and read my scriptures before she got up, but in order for me to do that, I'd have to be up around 4:30!

Amanda said...

Your kiddos are the cutest! Max is up every day between 5:30 and 6:30 too! It's so hard!! Amelia was never like that and she will still sleep until 8 or 9 every day! It's been a bit of an adjustment. And I'm still not adjusted.

Unknown said...

Your children are darling!! my little boy wakes up that early too! he yells mom until I go get him and then heads straight for the remote!!

Crystal and Kyle said...

Benson is so cute!! I love his smile :) I don't think I could last if my kids got up as early as yours. But then again our kids go to bed at least an hour after yours do. Our kids sleep till at least 7:30 usually sometimes 8:30. It's wonderful when that happens.

Tari said...

My kids are up early, too. And we usually turn on a movie (sometimes the longest one we own) and give them milk so we can rest a little longer. But I think I would rather them wake up early than stay up too late since it would take away from my "me" time and time with Adam.

Laura Cook said...

We do the exact same thing at our house! lol! We always make sure the TV is on Disney Channel when we go to bed, so Crystal can turn it on herself in the morning. We use the girls as our alarm clock also ... unless we actually HAVE to get up for something because they will ALWAYS decide to sleep in that day. lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...