Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Reese's House

Yes, Reese has her own house.  At first I thought she was talking about our old house in Rexburg, but no.  She is actually talking about her bedroom.  She refers to her bedroom as Reese's house. 

We gave the kids the master bedroom here in our new apartment.  At first I thought it was a horrible idea because Ben and I were so cramped in our bedroom, but Reese LOVES all of the extra room she has to play and she can usually be found playing in her bedroom, I mean Reese's house. 

When we moved to Texas we finally decided to get Reese out of the crib.  We figured she was FINALLY old enough to understand that she needed to stay in bed.  Ben's parents gave us one of their old twin frames.  And since the day that we set up the twin bed, Reese has LOVED sleeping in her bed. 
We went to Walmart and let her pick out her own comforter.  She loves her Princess bed.  She looks so tiny in her HUGE bed but I am so glad that this transition has gone so wonderfully.  We only had one night in the past week that she came into our bedroom during the middle of the night crying, but she went right back to bed. 
Thank goodness this transition wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be.  When we tried switching her to a toddler bed back in October of last year, I thought I was going to keep her in her crib for the rest of her life because that one week was such a nightmare.  Thankfully Reese has been great at switching and now she feels like a big girl! 
Next adventure:  
Potty training! 
I am a little scared!

3 comments:

Kelda said...

so cute! Glad she stays in it. I'm so nervous to put Isabel in a bed. She'll be in her crib til she climbs out haha. I love how tiny Reese looks in the bed!

Jessica :) said...

I'm so glad this time is more successful than the last. It's so nice win they like their beds and stay put. (We've finally just kept Livie's door closed all night and as long as it's closed we don't hear anything from her. Thankfully she can't open doors yet.) I love that she has named her room! What a cutie!

Mikki and Greg said...

She does look so small in her bed! What a funny girl. Reese's house...so cute

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...