Monday, February 6, 2012

The Little Troublemaker

Yes that is right, Reese has turned into a troublemaker.  I would like to say that she isn't a HUGE troublemaker but yesterday we had a near catastrophe.

We went down to Idaho Falls yesterday to have dinner with my aunt and uncles family.  I LOVE having dinner at their house because they ALWAYS have really good food.  Well we were all sitting at the table eating.  Reese finished eating and got down from the table to play.  It was really quiet {which is never a good sign} so Ben went and checked on Reese, she was downstairs playing with all of the toys.  No big deal.

Well quite a bit of time passed and all of a sudden the fire alarms went off.  My uncle ran around trying to figure out which one was causing the problem.  My aunt then got up from the table and went downstairs.  A few minutes later she comes running up the stairs and tells her kids to grab some towels and buckets because there was water coming from the ceiling into my cousins bedroom.  Everyone was up and running around trying to figure out where the water was coming from.

Then my other aunt came out of the master bedroom and told us what had caused the flooding...it was a little girl named Reese.  While we were all eating Reese had wandered into my aunt and uncle's bedroom.  In their bathroom they have a huge tub.  The faucet swivels all the way around and you can actually pull the faucet around so it is outside of the tub, which is what Reese did.  After pulling the faucet around she turned on the water and let it run.  She then closed the door and went on to playing until the alarms went off.

I could not believe what my child had done.  I have no idea how long the water had been running but the water flooded their bathroom, their closet, a little bit of their bedroom, and my cousins bedroom downstairs.  Thank goodness for the alarms because it could have been a LOT worse.

But oh my daughter is turning into the BIGGEST trouble maker.

5 comments:

Jessica :) said...

Oh, no! I would be so embarrassed! Isn't it kind of ridiculous what kind of huge catastrophes one little person can create all on their own? Man. I think I'm going to start locking my bathroom door.

Unknown said...

oh man! i'm with jessica. i would be sooo embarrassed! last summmer, sterling ran up a "bill". we were at my parents summer house and he locked himself in the car, broke two big vases and a little candle. those 4 things came close to $100. luckily my parents didn't make us pay them back.

i'm interested in what your aunt and uncles reaction was.

Mikki and Greg said...

That is terrible! I told Greg and he said, "See Mikki, that's why we can't have kids." hahaha. She is a cute one, even if she causes a little trouble here and there.

Janalyn said...

yikes....i am not sure I envy you for that one. She does win that award for sure! ohhhh my.

Brooke said...

How sad for your Aunt and Uncle. I can not believe that she did that but she is so cute it has to be hard to stay mad at her. Good luck with her crazy antics when baby brother shows up. Hope everything else goes well with you and that baby boy comes soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...