Tuesday, January 31, 2012

One last Hurrah

Last night for Family Home Evening we decided to have one last hurrah before baby boy comes this week {hopefully}.  We have wanted to try taking Reese to a movie for a while but we were definitely a little hesitant.  I was scared that she would last about 15 minutes and then want to run around.  BUT we found a secret to keeping Reese sitting down in a movie theater... 
Lots, and LOTS of snacks
She also really liked the movie for the most part.  We went to the cheap theater and saw Chipwrecked.  It was a really dumb movie but Reese enjoyed it for the most part.

After the movie we went out to dinner because Platinum (Ben's work) was paying for it.  We walked across the street and went to a restaurant we had never been to before.  It was called Gringos.  I now know why I have never been there in the 9 years I have been in Rexburg...it was gross.  We most definitely did NOT enjoy our meals but it was fun to have one big last activity together as a family of three before baby boy comes.

Baby boy is due on Monday Feb. 6th and we are hoping that he comes sometime this weekend.  I am excited and nervous to have him here.  I am excited to hold him in my arms and to not be pregnant anymore.  But I am a little bit scared/nervous to be a mother of two.  I am scared for the adjustment and I hope that Reese adjusts well.  I think she will be a great big sister I just hope she doesn't get too jealous or feel neglected.  And I hope that I can be a good mother to both my children.

9 comments:

The Gulls said...

Reese's smile is a little scary. Haha . I can't wait for Benson to get here.

Mal said...

We took Madie to see The Muppets over Christmas. She loved it! I was surprised how well she did, 'cause I had the same apprehensions.

I went on a double-date to Gringos once, and that was the last time I ever ate there. It is nasty!

Jessica :) said...

You didn't like Gringos? I have always liked that place. But I guess I only ever order the same thing so maybe that's what is good.
I hope the little guy comes this week! That would be so fantastic! I'm sure you'll be just as wonderful to both your children as you are to Reese.
Clever thinking to keep Reese sitting at the theater with popcorn. We'd probably have to do the same thing with Livie - and still possibly chase her around. Glad you got to go out!

Kelda said...

How cute! I can't believe you're almost due, that went fast!! Good luck with everything, I'm sure you'll balance two just fine :)

Mikki and Greg said...

This picture is AWESOME! and you are definitely brave to take her to the show. Glad she did so well. We are excited for you guys!!!

Tina said...

I'm soooo excited for you! I can't wait to see pictures of your cute little guy! Good luck my friend!

Tina Braegger said...

aww cute! I agree Gringo's is not that good! I am sorry Rexburg doesn't have good restaurants that is why you need to move to Boise! haha!

I can't believe it is already time for baby boy to come! That is so exciting! I am sure you will be great with two kids! Can't wait to see pics. Good luck with everything!!

Sausha said...

Good luck with labor and delivery and all! I'm really excited for you guys. And I'm excited to see pictures of your new little guy.

A.J. and Ashley said...

I hope everything goes well with the new baby. Just take it one day at a time and you will slowly adjust! It is an adjustment but oh so worth it! Good luck with everything!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...