Today started out like any other day. Woke up at 6 a.m. and tossed and turned for another hour and a half. I finally drug myself out of bed when I heard Reese making noise in the other room. I got Reese up and we played with blocks until she told me she was ready for breakfast. After a bowl of cereal, I hopped in the shower really quick before Ben left for school because today was the day that we were going to finish getting our last few things for baby boy who is due in 2 1/2 weeks.
We were out the door by 9:15 which is really good for me. I decided to try looking at Kmart to see if they had the last few things I needed. If they didn't have them then I would have to finally cave in and buy them at Walmart. We get to Kmart and Reese points up at the sign and says, "mom there's a B and a G and a K!" We run in really fast only to find that Kmart doesn't have anything we need. So across the street to Walmart we run. We go inside grab two packages of socks and onesies. It took us about 5 minutes to grab everything we needed. As we walk up to our car I notice that the tire on the drivers side is COMPLETELY flat!!! There is no way I can drive on that tire. I pull out my cell phone to call Ben and my phone is turned off. I hope and pray that it is not dead. I turn it on and the battery is dead. Great I think.
Thankfully the girl at the customer service desk is nice and lets me use the phone. I call Ben and he doesn't answer so I leave him a message. I ask the girl what time it is and she tells me it is 9:45. Ben is in the middle of his class...great I think I am stranded at Walmart.
That is the bad thing about cellphones, you don't have to memorize numbers anymore because everything is in the phone for you. All you have to do is scroll to the persons name you want to call and press send. Remember the days before cellphones and you memorized everyone's number. The only numbers I have memorized are Ben's, my parents house phone, and my grandparents house phone. A lot of good those last two numbers are going to do me.
Anyways, the girl at the customer service desk was a saint and told me I could call again when I wanted to. I waited until 10 and called Ben again. He answered this time and I told him my sad, sad story. He told me he needed to run to his next class and turn in his assignment and then he would come and get us.
Reese and I got to explore the Valentines isle. Reese found all the ginormous teddy bears and monkeys and pulled them off the shelf and laid down on them. Then we looked at all the singing Valentines cards. After looking at all of the Valentines apparel I turned my phone on again to see what time it was...it was 10:30.
This pregnant woman was tired of walking and squatting with Reese. I thankfully had two packages of fruit snacks in my purse so I told Reese she could have them if we went and sat by the front doors. We sat on the bench and waited and waited for Ben. He finally showed up. So Ben being the manly man that he is went outside and put my spare tire on. We finally got home at about 11:30.
Our 30 minutre trip ended up being a 2 hour trip. Thankfully there was a nice girl at the customer service desk, lots of Valentines day things to look at, and Ben who came and saved us and changed our tire, oh and lets not forget those wonderful fruit snacks!! All in all I guess being stranded at Walmart isn't as bad as I originally thought. It could have been a lot worse and I could have been stranded in the middle of nowhere with a dead cellphone. Thank goodness for Walmart!!!
2 comments:
Ugh, no fun! I agree that's the hard thing about cell phones. Thankfully you had some stuff to look at and thongs to eat. Like you said, I could definitely think of worse places to be stranded! But I'm glad you're home now and hopefully you don't have any more incidents like that one.
Whoo that is a long morning. I feel for you with you being 9 months pregnant! That makes everything a little harder I think. I am just impressed you didn't fill your cart up and just bought the things on your list. That's my problem sometimes if I get too much time at walmart and target.
Post a Comment