This weekend Reese turned the big numero uno!
That's right folks it's official...
we have a one year old in our home!
We had a crazy, busy weekend visiting both of our families and celebrating three birthdays. Reese was born on her Grandpa Brad and Uncle Brad's birthday, so we headed to Utah to celebrate with our families. Saturday morning we had Reese's one year old pictures taken and I cannot wait to get them back. That afternoon both Ben and my families got together and had lunch together. My mom mad Cafe Rio salads and they were so yummy.
We opened presents after that and it was so funny to watch Reese open them. She would rip the paper and then take a bite out of it. We would all laugh and she would smile at us and continue with this until she had unwrapped the present.
We asked everyone to get her summer clothes and boy did Reese get spoiled. Reese LOVES clothes. She thinks they are the greatest thing in the world and because Reese loves clothes so much it was hilarious to watch her open her presents. After she realized that the present was clothes she would hug them. She is definitely all girl!
Besides clothes, Reese also received a little stroller for her dolls. Ben's sister, Kallie, just had a little boy almost four months ago and she let Reese push Wesley around in this little doll stroller. They were both in heaven. I was terrified that Reese was going to tip the stroller over but she did great. She is going to be such a great little mommy someday!

After presents we had cupcakes and ice cream. My sister Kaylee was horrified that Reese's birthday didn't have a theme. To ease her mind I told her that it was a ladybug themed birthday party.
Hence then ladybug cupcakes. They were super easy to make and I thought that they turned out pretty cute!
Reese loves the song Happy Birthday but she had no idea what to do with the candle. She tried to touch the flame and we finally blew out the candle for her. The cupcake...oh how she LOVED the cupcake. She had no fear with that thing. She dug right in and never looked back!
Later that night to celebrate Brad and Brad's birthday we went out to dinner at Tepenyaki. I love, Love , LOVE that place. They have the yummiest food EVER!
Reese was exhausted by then and was having a hard time sitting still. Thank goodness for Aunt Malia. Without her I don't think we would have made it through dinner.
We had such a GREAT time celebrating and spending time with our families! Thanks so much for spoiling us while we were in Utah!
![]() |
| Happy birthday to Brad, Brad, and Bradita...aka Reese |








7 comments:
ah that's so crazy! Looks like a great birthday. Reese is so cute and seems so big, hugging her presents and pushing her stroller =)
Oh my gosh I love that your sister was horrified you didn't have a theme!!! haha Sounds like me:) Those cupcakes are just adorable and I love the stand! Reese is so cute. I can't believe all of her hair and teeth-it sure makes them look grown up!
Happy birthday, Reese! Oh, she's so cute! I thought it was really funny about the no-theme thing. Hahaha! I think it's kind of a new-ish thing, to have every party on earth be themed. But yes, those cupcakes did turn out very cute!
What a fun birthday! Happy Birthday, Reese! It sounds like such a fun thing, to have a big family party with all the birthdays to celebrate. I've never heard of Tepenyaki; I'll have to look into it.
I can't believe she is 1 already! It's so crazy! I loved all the pics! That's so funny that she loves clothes! What a cute little girl you have!
Dear Reesey, We hope you had a great birthday! Sorry we couldn't make it. We liked seeing your pictures. Hope you liked your shirt. Trey picked it out. We love you, Trey, Kajsa, Crystal & Kyle
those lady bug cupcakes are so cute!
Post a Comment