In 2008, right after we got married we bought a pumpkin to carve together for Family Home Evening...but that darn pumpkin sat on our porch (un-carved) until the END of November! Pathetic I know.
Two weekends ago we went down to Utah to visit family and while we were there my Grandparents gave us two pumpkins. We were off to a good start, we had the pumpkins. Now all we had to do was plan a night to actually carve them. We invited Michelle, my sister, and her husband Stephen over to carve pumpkins with us last night.
Reese was in bed before we started carving the pumpkins but I had to get a picture of her with our beautiful pumpkins. She thought they were pretty fun toys.
I swear I wasn't even making a dent in all of his pumpkins guts. Well Ben being the wonderful husband that he is offered to clean the rest of my pumpkin out. He is just too good to me.
We had a lot of fun carving our pumpkins. Ben was so funny, instead of using a knife like most people do...
that's right...he opted to use a drill. He is such a man! :o)
Well anyways I am so glad that I finally got to carve pumpkins again after a seven year absence. It was just as great as I remembered! Here are some pictures of our cute little Jack-o-lanterns after they are all carved. Thanks Chelle and Stephen for coming and carving pumpkins with us!
We didn't have any candles to light our jack-o-lanterns so we used Stephen's phone to light them...it worked!
Stephen's was a little werewolf. Ben was super creative and carved our little family. I tried carving Jack from the movie Nightmare before Christmas and Michelle's Jack-o-lantern has birds for the eyes!
Stephen's was a little werewolf. Ben was super creative and carved our little family. I tried carving Jack from the movie Nightmare before Christmas and Michelle's Jack-o-lantern has birds for the eyes!







7 comments:
Fun times! I still have a pretty funny picture of us carving those pumpkins...so fun!
Good job doing Jack and Pumpkin King! And I LOVE Ben's! So cute!
We carved pumpkins last night too! I have yet to get the pictures up though. :{ I know.
thats funny kristen, i carved jack the other day to. I still need to take pictures of ours. I love bens little family..so cute. You all did a great job!!
So fun! All of the pumpkins are fantastic. And I just have to say, I think it's awesome that Ben used a drill. Probably so much easier than a knife!
Super fun super fun. I still need to get around to doing that. I just can't get past the slimyness of it all. Maybe I'll just take the pictures and let my boys do the dirty work! Good job on the pumpkins!
Very creative pumpkins! I love that Ben is putting his tools to use. What a creative mind he has. Must have gotten that from his daddy!
Sweet pumpkins! Looks like a lot of fun. I like Michelles little girly one :)
Post a Comment