Monday, October 11, 2010

Happenings in the Call Home

This past weekend we had a fun little party in our home.  My sister Michelle and her husband Stephen live in Rexburg too.  I love having them so close.
When we were little we always wished that we had a Nintendo.  I always thought it would be so fun to sit and play those video games all day long, but my parents never thought that we needed one.  All of our cousins had one and whenever we got to play their Nintendo we got killed in whatever game we played.
To tell you the truth even to this day whenever I play video games I still get beat, because I am one of those players that push every single button at the same time because I don't know how to make the little men on the screen obey me, so I push all of the buttons at the same time thinking that will do the trick!
Well Michelle and Stephen kept telling us that we needed to play Mario Party with them (I was not looking forward to it at all).  We finally got together and played and I have to say that it was one of the funnest times I have ever had playing video games.
This past weekend we got together again and had another Mario Party party and it was just as fun as the first time (except this time I almost won...I came in 2nd...Ben stole my victory...he's in the dog house!).
We started our little party out by having dinner together.  It was so yummy we made BBQ chicken braids.  It is just another way to make pizza and I LOVE them!
We got this recipe from this wonderful site.  I am seriously in love with this blog and all of the recipes that she posts.  We have tried quite a few of them and have loved just about every single recipe.
We also made these wonderful cookies.  Seriously these are the most wonderfully addicting cookies in the whole world!  But you have to be a chocolate lover.  If your not don't even bother because these are the richest and most chocolatiest cookies ever.  And if you are a chocolate lover once you eat one it is hard to stop (I warned you).
But anyways we love having Michelle and Stephen near by and have so much fun with them, especially when we win Mario Party!
The other morning Ben was about ready to leave for school when he heard Reese in her bedroom making noise.  He wanted to say goodbye to her before he left.  He went in to go and get her and all I hear is, "what in the world!?!"  He brought Reese into our room and she was looking like this.  I have no idea what happened to her face all I know is it thankfully went away. 
Reese rolls over during the night now and sleeps on her tummy and the only thing we could think that could cause this is because she was laying on her face.  It made me really nervous, but it hasn't happened since.
Reese is going to be 8 months old next week!  I can hardly believe that!  She has grown so much faster than I could ever have anticipated.  These past eight months have been the quickest 8 months of my life.  I have honestly enjoyed all of my time with Reese and am so grateful that I am able to spend all of my time with her.  
I was telling Ben the other day that it is so neat to watch her learn/do new things but it also makes me a little sad because she is growing so fast!  Before I know it February 20th will be here and she will be turning one.  We seriously just have to take advantage of every single day because she is not going to be a baby for much longer.  We love this little girl with all of our hearts!

7 comments:

Ryan and Steph Dudley said...

Um first of all that BBQ chicken bread thing looks incredible. So good in fact I just might make it for dinner tonight. Thanks for the link to that baking blog! Reese is just a doll, it's true time flies! Enjoy each stage!

Kelda said...

Isabel sleeps on her belly now and she'll wake up with some weird red marks on her face too. Looking at the picture it looks like she was sleep on her hand lol. I can't believe she's gonna be 8 months! amazing! she's so cute and always looks so happy.

Mal said...

Madie gets marks all over her face too. Reese was probably just pushed up against the bars of the crib or something. What a cutie though!

That barbeque chicken thing looks pro! Nice job!

Amanda said...

I'm the same way with video games. We never had a nintendo and would just play it at cousin's. I still suck at it and, like you, I just push all the buttons at once hoping those dang little men will do what I want them to. Not so much. Nice work on the braided BBQ thing. I can't ever get them to look so good. Still loving that site...thanks for sharing.

Nicole said...

Once I saw the recipe for the BBQ chicken Braid I HAD to make it for dinner. I decided to make smaller individual sandwich sized rolls....and the leftovers ones are prefect for lunch the next day!
Thanks for sharing : )

Mikki and Greg said...

holy cow, that pizza braid looks so dang good!
I am definitely making that soon. I can't thank you enough for teaching me how to make pizza last summer :) we have it all the time now!

Reading your blog makes me not so freaked out to have kids. Hopefully I love mine as much as you love Reese! Haha!

Tina Braegger said...

Yay you guys are back in Rexburg! I bet you are very excited! I can not believe Reese did so well with you guys in the car that long. She sounds like the perfect little girl. She is so stinkin' cute. I love all of your family pictures! So glad that you guys are doing well. I am so going to have to try all of your recipes..they look so yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...