That is a good question. Sometimes I browse a lot of blogs...I know pathetic, but I visit a lot of blogs in a day. One day while I was browsing blogs I saw this super duper cute idea to make a wreath out of candy corn.
Now I am not a very crafty person, but I looked at this picture of the wreath and thought, "I could do that". So I went to Porter's and Walmart to buy the supplies that I would need. Then all day yesterday I sat at my table gluing candy corns onto a Styrofoam wreath and this is how it turned out
After I made the wreath I told Ben we needed to buy a wreath hanger. He told me that we didn't need to waste out money on that when we could just use one of the hangers out of our closets...I thought oh yeah sure that would NEVER work, but he showed me wrong.
Here is our beautiful wreath hanging by a hanger from our closet!!! Thank goodness for an economical husband!!
Here is the beautiful & lovely Vanna White showing off our beautiful wreath!!!
Now that I am done with that I am thinking that I might start sewing again. I bought this really cool pattern the yesterday and am excited to try putting it all together and sewing it...I am not sure how this will turn out because it has been FOREVER since I have sewn from a pattern...so I won't tell you just yet what the pattern is. I will wait to see how this first project turn out...wish me luck!
7 comments:
I remember those days of boredom when my job ended and I was waiting for Easton to be born.....those days are LONG gone now! Enjoy doing whatever you want whenever you want before the baby comes. Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't change having a baby for anything, your life is just no longer yours. I guess it's a good thing.
P.S. the wreath is cute!
I would totally agree with the enjoy the time right now, you and Ben should do LOTS of fun things together and enjoy just spending time with each other, but it is so much fun having a child, just different. I love the wreath and can't wait to see what your sewing project is!
Haha! That's wicked cute. Man, I wish I wasn't taking any classes right now since I know like three people in the complex who have nothing to do and I'm basically a professional visitor. You should get to know Jessica Cedeno or Michelle Bell better. Both of them are racking their brains for some sort of entertainment.
Wow - that must have taken awhile!! It's so cute! Good work!
Wow! That turned out really cute and fun! And I'm glad you were able to make the hanger work ... it cracks me up that Ben got it to work! I'm sure that wreath really did take you a long time! But it looks really fun! BTW - when I was really bored right after I finished school, I created scrappy things on scrapblog.com. You might like it.
Hey! That wreath looks really cute! Great job!! You should teach us how! :)
well since you have so much time on your hands maybe you could make me a byu quilt for corbin for christmas...huh? Id pay you for the material and time. I want to make him one but i dont have time with work and pictures and taking care of everyone else. let me know sis! by the way the candy corn thing is awesome!! it must have takin you FOREVER.
Post a Comment