Ben and I have been wanting to go for a while, but the timing hasn't worked out for us and then there is the issue of no babysitter. Ben decided to take a day off of work so we could miss the weekend rush to Atlanta and we decided to take the kids with us to the temple and we would take turns going in.
Wednesday morning came and we got up early and off we went to the temple. Tanner got in his morning nap as we drove and the other two children... Well we heard lots of, "when are we going to get there?", "Are we there yet?", "Are we close to temple now?" and so forth. It gets kind of old after a while and I feel bad for what I put my parents through when we went on road trips.
I went in first and Ben took the kids to a park close by. It was so nice to go to the temple again. I have missed that sweet feeling that comes when you enter in those doors. The temple truly is the House of the Lord.
After I was done, Ben and I switched places. So back to the park we went. Thank goodness we packed lots of snacks because they were getting hungry and so was I. We love new parks/playgrounds! We have a playground at our complex but we are getting really tired of that playground. When we go to the playground my kids don't even play on the playground anymore and Macon doesn't really have playgrounds either. Macon is definitely lacking in kid friendly things.
When Ben was done we went and picked him up and headed out to lunch. It was about 2:30 and we were all starving. We went and ate at California Pizza Kitchen. Ben and I have been missing their amazing Jamaican Jerk pizza, peach lemonade, and artichoke dip.
Another thing Macon is lacking in is yummy places to eat like California Pizza Kitchen, so we were so happy when we found out that Atlanta had 3 CPK's that we could choose from. Oh our food was divine! The peach lemonade was refreshing and everything else was DELISH! Oh how I am glad that Ben introduced me to this wonderful place while we were dating.
Since we were in Atlanta we wanted to do something fun there. We were planning on going to the Aquarium because we have heard it is amazing but unfortunately they were closing early that day and so we wanted to go when we had plenty of time to explore the Aquarium and get our moneys worth. Then we decided to go to a little zoo near Macon, but by the time we left CPK it was about 4 and the zoo closed at 5 so there was no way we were going to make it. So we decided to go home and go swimming.
The kiddos had a blast swimming, especially Benson. He is kind of crazy when he is in the water and goes under the water and holds his breath, jumps in the water when you aren't looking, and is pretty much a little fish. He loves the water.
Then there is Reese who is terrified of going under the water. She doesn't want to get her face wet or go under the water. If Ben and I try to teach her anything she freaks out. Reese and Benson are complete opposites!
We loved our family fun day! It was fun to take the kids with us to the temple and show them where it is and talk a little bit about what mommy and daddy do inside and why temples are so important. Hopefully Ben and I will make it more often than once every six months and maybe one day we will find a babysitter.










No comments:
Post a Comment