Friday, June 14, 2013

Summer Fun

I have kind of put blogging on the back burner as of late.  I think it has been a nice little break for me and I am ready to start blogging again.

In about two and a half weeks we are headed to Utah for pretty much the rest of the summer!!  We are all really excited to go.  Ben got an internship there for July and part of August so we are going to enjoy lots of fun family time and we cannot wait!

Texas has been heating up.  It is getting so miserable to go outside unless you are sitting in a pool.  We go swimming at least 2 times a week sometimes more.  I am so glad that my kids love the water and enjoy spending our outside time in the pool {otherwise I don't know that we would actually go outside}.  It is so hot!
The first time we took Benson swimming this summer, he was a little cautious.  He wouldn't let go of our hand.  But after swimming so much this summer he has thrown caution to the wind.  He LOVES the water!  He puts his face down in the water, he blows bubbles, he even goes under the water and comes back up all smiles.  He is our little water bug!

I wish I could say the same for Reese.  Benson and Reese are complete opposites.
Once Reese gets in the water she does great, but if I try to teach her how to swim or talk about teaching her anything she FREAKS out!  I am talking screaming and crying, you think I was hurting her or something {it's a little embarrassing}.  I am 100% positive she is doing swim lessons next year and I am 100% positive that I will NOT be the teacher!

We also have a splash park close by and the kids LOVE this place.  We can spend hours there and never get tired of running through the water and getting wet.  The great thing about this park is it's free!

Ben's schedule this semester has been wonderful!  He was home one afternoon so we headed over to the splash park and enjoyed staying cool.
We live near an airport.  Lately Benson has become obsessed with airplanes, so every time one passed Benson would stop, look for the airplane, grunt, and point and stare.  The whole time we were at the splash park he was on the lookout for airplanes.
I was glad Ben got to come with us but I don't know if the kids were quite as happy as I was.  Ben spent most of his time torturing Reese and Benson.
Exhibit A of Ben torturing Benson
Exhibit B of torture
And last but not least . . .
Exhibit C...Ben squirting Reese right in the face with the gun.  Pure torture!
Thankfully I had to hold the camera in my hands the whole time so Ben could not perform any of his methods of torture on me.  I was just there to document what he did to our poor sweet  innocent children!

We love the splash park and look forward to many more afternoons of running and splashing in the water. 

But I think they were both exhausted and ready to go home by the end of our fun filled afternoon at the splash park!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...