Sunday, August 26, 2012

Locked Out

My Reesie girl has quite the personality.  Some days she can be as sweet as can be.  

But other days....well lets just say her mischievous side gets the best of her.

This past week during Benson's morning nap I decided to call my Grandma Cook.  It had been way too long since I had talked to her.  I turned on a show for Reese to watch so I could have a few minutes to myself to talk my Grandma without Reese coming up to me and asking me who I was talking to over and over again.   

The weather has been really nice here in Dallas, so I decided to go out on my deck while I talked to my dear grandma.  I left the door open so I could hear if Reese was getting into anything.  After sitting out on the deck for a few minutes Reese came over and closed the door.  I kept talking to my grandma but decided to go and check on Reese.  I got up walked over to the door and tried to open the door.  That is weird I thought why isn't the door opening.  So I tried again but it didn't budge.  It was then that I realized that my sweet little girl had locked me out of the house!!!

"Hang on a second Grandma, my child has locked me out of my house!" I hear my grandma laugh.  I look inside and there is Reese sitting on the couch watching her show.  So I knock on the door and told her to come over and unlock the door.  Reese came over and tried to open it but couldn't so decided to go back to the couch and watch her show.

All the while I am thinking, great now I am going to have to call the apartment complex, beg them to come and unlock my apartment and then come and unlock my patio door so I can get into my apartment!  I knocked on the door again and yelled, "Reese come and unlock this door right now!".  I think she knew I was serious because she walked over and unlocked the door this time.

After I got off the phone with Grandma, Reese and I had a nice little conversation about not locking mommy out of the apartment.

Sadly this is NOT the first time Reese has locked me out of our apartment.  The first time she locked me out I had the keys with me so it wasn't such a big deal, but I think after this incident I had better think twice about going outside alone. 

3 comments:

Mikki and Greg said...

What a sneaky girl! Good thing she was able to get it unlocked! Save you some phone calls to management.

Jessica :) said...

I'm glad she finally let you back in! That is just the kind of thing I could see Livie doing . . . except she probably wouldn't let me back in and I don't have apartment managers to call to unlock my door! Thankfully Dan doesn't work too far from our house so I could call him. But still. Tricky girl! Hopefully that doesn't happen anymore to you.

Derik and Jessica said...

You will have to hide a key on your patio just in case her movie is more inticing next time. Haha. I remember getting locked out of the house and sprayed by a garden hose while babysitting a little five year old boy. He has now grown up to be a fine young boy, but man I felt so taken advantage of and out of my league back then.I guess what I am trying to say is your not the only one. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...