Friday, May 18, 2012

Our Humble Abode

I don't usually put up pictures of our apartment, because lets face it, we have lived in a lot of apartments and that would be a TON of pictures!  But my mamasita has been wanting to see pictures of our apartment see here we go.

When we walked into our apartment for the first time I was really surprised at how small it was compared to what we had been living in before.
The living room is so tiny and I didn't think there was any way that we would fit both of our couches and our armchair.  We didn't but we were able to fit both of the couches unfortunately now our living room is like a little hallway but they fit! 
Now there is one really funny thing that all apartments in Dallas have which I think is REALLY ridiculous.  They all have fireplaces...why do you need a fireplace in a place that is always hot?  Beats me but every apartment we looked at online had a fireplace...someone must use them around here, otherwise I don't think they would put them in.  But I think it is a waste.
Our kitchen thankfully has quite a bit of cupboard space.  At first I didn't think I would be able to fit everything but we eventually found a place for everything and it all fit! {surprisingly}
 One of my favorite things about this apartment is there is somewhere to put our table.  In our last apartment in Rexburg there wasn't anywhere for our kitchen table so we put it on the carpet which meant Reese ate in the kitchen.  We never sat at the table as a family but here we can.
Our bathroom is itty-bitty.  I think I cried over the bathroom because I didn't know how we were going to fit everything.  We have one cupboard in the bathroom.  Most things in the bathroom are just thrown in the cupboard.  Thankfully we have a closet in the hallway where we can put all of our of towels {they were a popular wedding gift}.
Our bedrooms are really good sized.  We gave the kids the master bedroom so they would have room to play.  At first I thought it was a terrible idea but Ben and I don't have that much stuff so we fit in the smaller just fine and Reese has a great time playing in her room.
Reese's favorite place is the patio or the deck or whatever you like to call it.  We enjoy going outside and getting some fresh air.  It is nice to have the deck because I can just let Reese out there when she wants to go outside and I can't go outside with her.  I would much rather have a backyard but for now the deck will do.
But my favorite part of this apartment is what is on the ceiling.
Doesn't this remind you of the 80's???  It makes me laugh.

This apartment is finally starting to feel like home.  The first week was kind of hard but I am feeling more and more okay about being here. I hope that our family has a good experience here and maybe one day we will be sad to leave here.   
Sure do love these two!

1 comment:

Jessica :) said...

I completely understand having a small bathroom and bedrooms. Our bathroom is small just like yours. We don't even have any countertop around the sink - it's all just sink. I do have a larger living room/kitchen than you do, though. I also have to say that I understand weird ceilings. I've got mirrors on mine! I'm glad you're getting used to your place and living in Texas. I hope you can grow to love it there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...