Yesterday we found out that our little baby is a boy.
He sure is a handsome little guy and was moving a TON during the ultrasound. There was no questions whatsoever that this baby is a boy! I am happy about having a boy but I was kind of hoping for another girl. I grew up with an older sister and a younger sister close to my age and us three had so much fun together. I was hoping for a little sister for Reese. We have lots of little girl clothes, blankets, and many other things. AND we had a girl name picked out already.
Ben has a boy name picked out that he really wants to use but I do NOT want to use it. He wants to name our little boy Benjamin Bradley. Don't get me wrong I think it is a great name but I don't want to deal with the whole thing of having a son and husband with the same name. People tell us that we could just call him by his middle name but in Ben's family both his dad and brother's names are Brad, so our little boy would have to go by Ben. I feel bad about telling Ben no on a name that he REALLY wants to use but I just don't want to deal with the hassle of using the same name. So for now we are trying to come up with names that we both agree on...which is kind of difficult...thankfully we have until February.
Last weekend while watching the pathetic BYU vs. Utah game I made a wreath that I am quite proud of. It is a Halloween wreath and is already hanging on my door because I think it is so cute!
It was so easy to make and was the only good thing that came out of watching that HORRIBLE game. I am a BYU fan but watching that game was kind of embarrassing and BYU played terrible, but at least I got a cute wreath out of it!
Well anyways we are all super excited for February to come.
Ben is especially excited and cannot wait to have a little boy to do boy things with.
I am excited to learn how to be a mother of a little boy and have a mama's boy.
And this little girl...
She is just excited to have a little baby to take care of. She will be a great big sister. She has been putting diapers on her babies and bears lately and I know she will be a GREAT little helper.
Looking forward to February 6th 2012



10 comments:
That wreath is Dang cute! I will have to get the stuff and make it. Thanks for posting it : )
I'm excited for you Kristen! I agree....it's hard to decide on a name...we still don't have one and we have less than 8 weeks left!
That is so cool! One of each!! You guys are so lucky! I feel you on having a sister for Reese, but I have a brother and we are 4 years apart and are still the best of friends! :) Yay!! Can't wait to see him, I know he will be cute because just look at little Reese :)
Congratulations! That is so exciting!
Um, that wreath is SO cute! I think you should tell me how you made it because I really love it.
And I really love that you're having a boy! It will be so fun for you! Good luck coming up with a name. That always seems like one of the hardest things. Super excited to see him!
First of all....I don't think I knew you were pregnant!!! Congrats! I felt just the same as you about a boy. Good to have one of each right away and not wonder if you will ever get a boy, but we already have all girl stuff since they are the same month as our other baby! Names are hard-McKay goes by his middle name and it's SO SO SO confusing and hard to keep up with on legal things, so I would say just choose a new name:) Good luck and cute wreath:)
Yay for babies! I am totally with you on the same name thing. My nephew has my husband's name and it is so confusing.... and with a baby Daniel, Uncle Dan often gets left out or called something else. Not really fair to him, but you don't realize how bad it is until you are in the midst of it. Sure do love you guys!
OH how fun! We are going through EXACTLY the same thing right now!Yay for little boys : )
congrats on the boy! I'm the same way, I hope our next baby will be a girl because I had an older sister and I have tons of girl stuff lol. OH and about the name thing, yeah, Cameron wanted to name Isabel Cameron haha. I love that name for a girl and boy but I did not want to deal with the confusion. I'm on your side ;)
I was talking to Sausha yesterday, and she told me about your little girl climbing out of her crib, so I thought I'd come and check out your blog. :) I can totally relate to what you said about wanting another girl. We're expecting #2 in about six months, and I really want another boy for the same reasons you wanted another girl! I feel like so many people think I'm crazy when I say I want another boy, so I was glad to see someone else thinks the same way I do. :)
As far as the name thing, be strong! I don't know what my in-laws were thinking when they named their children. My husband's full name is Michael Kerry Scott Cooper II. How's that for a mouthful? And it's SUCH a hassle with legal things. We've had an insurance company try and bill the wrong one because they didn't realize which Michael Kerry Scott Cooper they had. Oy. And my brother-in-law's name is Michael Andrew Cooper, but he goes by Andy. When things come in the mail at my in-laws, it's for my father-in-law if it says Michael K Cooper, for my husband if it says Michael S Cooper, and for my brother-in-law if it says Michael A Cooper. If there isn't a middle initial, who knows who it's for? If you want your son to be Andy, name him Andy. Use Dad's name as the middle name. Okay, I apologize for ranting on your blog. It just drives me nuts. :)
Post a Comment