Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

This Memorial day weekend was AWESOME!!!  My sister Michelle and her husband Stephen came from Dallas for the weekend to visit us.  I LOVE having company.  Unfortunately, Ben had to work all weekend long but we thought of him every moment we were away from him!

Reese was so excited to see her BFF.  Michelle couldn't go anywhere without Reese following her around.  That girl loves Michelle SO much!  It is kind of ridiculous!

Saturday we went to the Science Museum here in Oklahoma City.  

It was ginormous and definitely over-priced, but we still had a lot of fun.  There were all kinds of experiments you could do and there were kids EVERYWHERE.

One of the coolest things that we got to do was lay on a bed of nails.  I was a little bit nervous about it so we had Stephen go first to make sure he would live. 

Michelle was EXTREMELY nervous...
can you tell by her facial expression???

After the bed of nails we got to get in a wind tunnel thing.  It is not really a wind tunnel but I don't know what else to call it.  But anyways, the winds got up to 80 something miles per hour.  It was SUPER windy in there and Reese did not like it one bit!

We also paid extra money to go and see their dome movie.  The screen was huge and I got a bit dizzy at times.  We learned all about extreme sports and saw surfing, ice climbing, wind sailing, rock climbing, skiing, and snowboarding.  Those are all sports that I don't think I would ever dare to do because I am too big of chicken, but the wind sailing did look really fun!

There were all kinds of fun experiments to do.  Things to do with physics, laws of motion, atoms, electrons, and all those things that I don't really understand.  So just enjoy the pictures because some of them I just cannot explain.
When we moved the cylinder in the middle it would turn us around...
want to know why?  
Don't ask me

Michelle turning in circles because of the wheel she is holding
I don't have a clue why this worked


One of my favorite parts of the museum was the optical illusion part.  They had all these pieces of art that would move as you stared at them.  Some would have dots that weren't really there.
This picture is super cool because in between the blue things is a silhouette of a lady.  Can you see her?

 An extra, extra, extra large table and chairs

There was also a forensic crime lab.  I felt just like I was on the T.V. show CSI

All and all it was a super fun day.  

Sunday is Ben's day off so we got to spend some time with him.  We went to church in the morning and then came home and grilled some yummy marinated chicken on the grill.  It was delicious!  The rest of the afternoon was spent talking to family on Skype and playing games.  I played a lot of guitar hero
 ...can I just say that that game is just kind of a little bit addicting.  
But I did improve

Today I took Michelle and Stephen to the Oklahoma City National Memorial.  They had flags set out everywhere to remember those who lost their lives on that tragic day.

What a fun weekend we had.  I am so glad that Michelle and Stephen came to visit us.  We have so much fun with them and plus Reese got to see her BFF!  Happy Memorial Day!

4 comments:

The Gulls said...

Your weekend looks like it was a lot of fun! That museum looks really neat. We just got back from yellowstone tonight. It snowed and was so cold.

Mikki and Greg said...

Looks like you guys are staying busy! I'm excited to see some more of your fun adventures. And Rock Band and Guitar Hero are very addicting! I used to never play video games and that was kind of the gateway game :) haha. So much fun!

Tina Braegger said...

aw how fun! That would be the best thing about going different places during the summer is that there is so much new stuff to do! Little Reese is just adorable!

And Kristen you are so so so skinny! I am so so so jealous...haha! :)

Kelda said...

That's so great you're finding stuff to do! Looks like a lot of fun. Your tornado post FREAKED me out! Hope you don't have any more of those experiences.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...