Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Home Sweet Home

We are finally back to Rexburg Idaho.  It is so great to be back.  We drove into Rexburg last Tuesday and have been putting our apartment together ever since.  But let me back up to a few weeks ago.
We left Houston on Aug. 29th.  Twenty-nine, yes that is right twenty-nine, hours is way too long to be in a car.  Reese did extremely well for the most part.  We had to pull over a few times and let her out and play.

Other times we just let her cry it out until she eventually fell asleep.

But we finally made it to Utah to visit family for a few days.  We had a lot of fun visiting both mine and Ben's family.
While we were visiting my family my sister took some family pictures of our little family of three.  Reese was good for about the first five minutes and then she was done.  We got some really cute pictures though.
Pretty sure I love this little girls smile!
Pretty sure I LOVE these two
My shy little girl.  She was so funny meeting all of her family.  Whenever she would meet someone new she would smile at them and then hide her face by ducking her head.  It was hilarious!
And pretty sure I am in love with this one!
After visiting my family for a few days we headed to Syracuse to visit Ben's family.  Reese had a lot of fun playing with her cousin Trey.  Trey was so good to Reese too.  When I would go in to get Reese up from a nap Trey would walk in with me and say in the cutest high pitched voice, "Good morning baby Reese". 

 He was so good to play softly with Reese and I think Reese had fun playing with him.  Trey is going to be such an awesome older brother!
We were at Ben's parents house over Labor day weekend so we all went to Antelope Island and had a picnic together.  We saw lots of Buffalo everywhere....some were real....
And some not so real....
We also got to visit Ben's great-grandma, Grandma Dahle before heading back to Rexburg.  Reese is named after her.  Grandma Dahle is just the sweetest lady and we had so much fun visiting with her. 
 Now that we are back in Rexburg Ben is going to school.  Reese and I have been hanging out and trying to put our house together.  We had a very successful summer but we are so happy to be close to family again and back in Rexburg. 

7 comments:

Tina said...

I Love, Love, Love the pictures! They are adorable! I was missing you in the old blogger world my friend! Glad to hear you got back to Idaho safe and sound!

Crystal and Kyle said...

I love your family pictures. You got some great ones to choose from. Reese is so photogenic! How are you liking you new apartment? Take pictures so we can see what it looks like :)

Ryan & Amanda said...

Your pictures are adorable!! Those are some great pictures! I'm glad the summer was successful, it is so much work and long hours, but it can be so helpful when you are in school!

A.J. and Ashley said...

The family pictures are so awesome!

Kelda said...

I can't believe how well Reese did on your drive. That's amazing. Isabel would have been a nightmare! Love your family pictures! they're so cute and Reese's jean jacket is adorable, I've gotta get Izzy one =)

Jessica :) said...

Such a pretty girl! Her eyes are so big and gorgeous! And I really love her headbands. So cute! I'm glad the drive back was so good and that you're able to {hopefully} spend more time together as a family now!

Courtney and Bridger said...

She is so stinkin cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...